Vice President, Architecture and Finance Technology
Provide Finance & HR LOBs with strategic Architectural leadership, as well as applications development initiatives and operational oversight for Finance Technology. Set architectural direction, champion architectural standards, strategically plan and lead the sourcing, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of software solutions that enable the company's business needs and strategies. Use expertise in industry principles and standards to ensure scalability, performance, security, quality, and reliability in delivering elite applications. Responsibilities
- Build and develop a highly effective technical organization with the required skills and structure to meet Finance Technology current and future business needs.
- Drive quality, efficiency, and energy through effective hiring, mentoring, career planning, talent management, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Employ technical, market, and industry expertise to influence Finance and HR business strategy based on technology needs/vision (conceptualize and demonstrate how technology can support and drive the organization).
- Ability to deliver accurate, timely & responsive services and communication to the business unit on more sophisticated problems. Solves a variety of complex system and system-related problems as it relates to business requirements and technology, in addition to helping design or implement systems.
- Lead and participate in the annual budget and financial planning process for Finance Technology organization and portfolio of technical assets that includes but is not limited to cost/benefit estimates on proposed projects, prioritization of projects, and investment decisions based on return on investment, criticality, and business strategy/need.
- Lead various Finance Technology application development and business unit budgets while ensuring that the business maximizes value from dollars expended on projects, applications, and infrastructure.
- Identifies and implements process improvement, including quality inspection. Drives quantifiable results through facilitating interaction with the business unit.
- Provide effective people leadership through mentoring, development, and performance management. Lead individual contributors responsible for executive recruiting support, sourcing and advertising approach, and associated vendor management, to attract a broad range of diverse talent to the organization. Collaborate on the execution of candidate sourcing and recruiting support in partnership with our Global sourcing and support leadership team.
- Fully engage with business partners to address business and customer needs through technology, as appropriate.
- Employ business and technology acuity to translate technical details into business terms and vice versa, assuring mutual understanding and agreement of technology objectives/work you're doing by all affected constituencies.
- Foster strong working relationships across the organization and within technology to drive application development strategy and goals.
- Provide oversight of application development activities, ensuring schedule, scope, cost, and system performance targets/goals are met.
- Act as a single technology point of contact for business partners. Advance, address, and communicate issues, as appropriate, with technology and business leaders to achieve timely resolution.
- Address and communicate impact of production incidents to ensure root cause is determined and permanent solutions are documented and implemented. Be a change agent. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry advances and developments to be incorporated into and improve the application development life cycle, technology function, and business capabilities.
- Institutionalize SDLC and quality practices to drive efficiency and standards within the organization.
- Champion and contribute to continuous improvement standard methodologies through thorough gap analysis and solution conceptualization and implementation to increase effectiveness of the development organization.
- Proven Cloud architecture and delivery experience preferably using Amazon web services (aws) and associated technology stacks and services.
- Actuary (Hedging, Asset Liability Management, Cash flow Modeling) domain knowledge and related systems/Technology experiences.
- Experience and/or familiarity with data architecture, modeling & analytics using respective cloud delivery technologies (i,e, snowflake, sagemaker, AWS Neptune, Graph datasets, AWS Athena, AWS RDS (Postgresql + PostGIS), geometric & geographic data types using SQL, No-SQL, AWS DynamoDB. AWS Timestream).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, related field, or equivalent work experience. 10+ years of relevant experience required.
- 6-8+ years of people leadership experience, including success in leading technical teams and executing technical projects in a quality management framework.
- 5+ years of validated experience and success in short- and long-term strategy planning and execution.
- Demonstrated ability and proven success in developing/supporting large volume transaction systems for trading, money movement, as well as web solutions.
- Demonstrated ability in astutely handling the financial planning and budgeting process.
About Our Company
- Strong business and financial acuity.
- Leader with vision and change agent on optimizing technology solutions and organizations to deliver best-in-class, easy-to-use applications and systems with high availability, response times and data accuracy.
- Proven innovator and strategist with excellent leadership and communication skills.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.