Trafigura's tax department supporting all Latam operations is based in Montevideo (Uruguay).
Functions are not focused in compliance and routine filing obligations (such function is mainly performed by local Accounting teams); instead, team is focused in providing timely and accurate advisory to the commercial team, assist in M&A projects, manage tax and Customs related audits and litigation, and assist in projects all across Latam countries (main focus in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru).
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: Knowledge and Skills:
- At least six years of experience (at least 4 in taxes)
- Bachelor's degree in Law/Accounting, major in taxes (preferable).
- Solid knowledge of tax law and regulations.
- Experience in cross-border transactions.
- Experience managing tax audits and tax related litigation.
- Experience working with accounting teams and/or auditors.
- Training and/or experience in taxes across Latam jurisdictions (Brazil preferable).
- Training and experience in Transfer Pricing (preferable).
- English: Advanced reading & speaking (mandatory)
- Portuguese: Advanced reading & speaking (preferable).
- Analytical skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Industry knowledge (Mining, oil and gas, preferable); experience in other commodities also valued.
- Experience with derivative instruments (hedging).
- In-house experience (preferable).
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial terms (highly preferred). Key Responsibilities:
• Provide tax advisory.
• Work on tax planning along with the commercial team.
• Assist in M&A projects providing tax input.
• Monitor changes in legislation that may impact the business (current and future).
• Supervise calculation and determination of Corporate Income Tax (and deferred tax).
• Maintain good flow of communication with the Authorities.
• Monitor compliance of transfer pricing regulations.
• Prepare reports and provide tax related information as per requested by the Corporation.
• Manage requirements made by Tax Authorities.
• Manage litigation connected to taxes.
• Lead discussions with auditors when connected to taxes.
• Applicant shall be use to implement solutions/controls (hands-on position).
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
This job posting includes the candidates registered in the National Registry of Persons with Disabilities, who meet the conditions and suitability for the position described in accordance with the provisions of Law Number 19.691.