Business Initiatives Consultant 3
- Charlotte, NC, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wells Fargo US
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
Business Initiatives Consultant 3
Responsible for leadership of cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives. Examples might include, but are not limited to: finance / operational / executive management review coordination, process improvement and redesign, change management initiatives, ongoing oversight of a leadership / diversity / recognition / Q12 or general program oversight. Provides leadership in the integration /implementation of programs/services/initiatives with cross functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary. Develops metrics and tracks/evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives. Ensures plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Business, Process and Data Analysis, Customer experience, implementation and transformation experience, strategic planning and execution.
- 7+ years supporting Banking and Commercial banking and lending or capital markets experience
- Business process management and solutions design experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and large group facilitation skills/experience
- Wholesale lending or capital markets experience
- Collateral Management, Credit Underwriting, Data Analysis, Financial Analysis, Loan accounting knowledge will be a plus
- Process engineering or Management consulting experience
and working with teams to map out business processes for as-is and to-be states using visio, iGrafx, Blueworks Live or other process documentation tools
- Working on transformation and development projects supporting process improvments and/or technology business requirements
- Managing and implementing change initatives
- Willing and able to travel at least 50% of the time and stay for periods from 2 to 5 days.
- Great communication and written skills in MS Office specially word, excel and powerpoint for executive presentations and communications
- Good understanding of operations procedures, controls & measures; Keen eye for the details
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Effective facilitation, verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor degree, continuing education certification in Business Analysis or Business Process Management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.