Chief Human Resources Officer
Chief Human Resources Officer Charlotte, NC, United States/en-US/Barings/job/Charlotte--NC-United-States/Chief-Human-Resources-Officer_JR_002138/apply
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Executive Management Team
Chief Human Resources Officer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Barings is a $346+ billion* global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative solutions and exceptional service. Part of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with over 1900 associates and offices in 17 countries. Learn more at .
*as of June 30, 2020
Barings is seeking a Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) to coordinate the global human resources strategy for the firm. The CHRO will ensure that the firms employees are capably deployed to drive exceptional outcomes for the firms clients, communities and each other. The successful candidate will establish a partnership with Senior Business Leaders to set the standard, tone and direction of the human resources strategy to ensure a culture of integrity, high-performance, fairness, teamwork, and people development to achieve the firms visions, goals and targets.
- Develop and execute human resource strategies in support of the overall business plan and in line with the strategic direction of the firm
- Develop and support the evolution of a global, high performing and collaborative culture through active, vocal engagement with leaders and managers and by delivering initiatives to drive the firms culture, vision and values
- Enhance the current people and culture roadmap with solutions to improve and sustain employee engagement
- Partner with the Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to drive D&I initiatives globally
- Establish strategic business partnerships with the executive/senior management of each business unit regarding key objectives of the firm
- Design and utilize data and fact-based analysis to anticipate talent needs and provide insights to the business for competitive decision making
- Coordinate with the regional and global HR business partners to design standardize and deliver efficient processes, policies, and services to meet the needs of the business
- Challenge current/traditional ways of thinking and defining innovative ways of working to best serve the firms clients and employees needs through transformation
- Play a key advisory role in helping the firm sharpen its structure to respond to and support rapid growth, change in culture while maintaining employee engagement
- Proactively manage the talent pipeline initiatives to ensure the business is future proofed by ensuring talent is available and able to meet future growth and adapt to the changing environment
- Promote the one team culture across the firm and act as a highly visible role model of exceptional performance and teamwork
- Build a strategic reputation by creating strong relationships and trust, innovative People practices, and inspiring teams and leaders towards outstanding People outcomes
- Inspire and promote a positive and accountable work environment
- Oversee the deployment of competitive and compliant remuneration frameworks in line with market practice and relevant regulations
- 15+ years of relevant experience leading a global human resources operation, ideally in the financial services sector
- Experience in overseeing a large, global team with a demonstrated track record of working in a highly matrixed, organizationally complex business with multiple stakeholders
- Team player with proven success in partnering with Executive peers, senior business leaders, direct reports and global colleagues
- Polished communicator able to represent the firms human resources strategy in diverse settings including presentations to clients, and through earned and social media
- Strong commitment and track record in driving inclusion and diversity initiatives
- Expertise in creating and delivering people strategies that add measurable efficiency in key areas
- Exceptional strategic planning ability in addition to a keen operational perspective to help drive efficiencies and synergies across Barings broad and multi-faceted platform
- Reputation of credibility, uncompromising ethics and proven success as an intuitive and trusted advisor and partner to executive leadership
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Posted 4 Days AgoFull timeJR_002138
Barings is a leading global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative, institutional-quality solutions and service.
Our team-driven culture is based on transparency, responsibility and putting our clients interests first. We listen to our clients to understand their needs, so that we can be a strategic advisor and long-term partner in meeting their unique investment goals. Risk management and protecting our investors capital over the long term is an essential component of our lasting partnerships.
Barings is also committed to building long-term relationships with our associates and providing opportunities and support to help them succeed. With our expanding business and global footprint, Barings offers a wealth of opportunities for associates who share our culture, values and commitment to excellence in client service.
As an organization, we believe that a diversity of perspectives and strengths is essential to meeting the evolving needs of our clients, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a talented workforce as diverse as the clients and communities that contribute to our success.