End User Computing Solution Engineer
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The End User Solution Engineer is responsible for articulating the technical standards and solutions for all technologies within the End User Compute (EUC) solution area. They help convey and execute the technical strategy and vision set forth by IT leadership. They are ultimately accountable for overall technical design and operations of the EUC solution including establishing their associated Non-Functional Requirements such as; availability, recoverability, performance, capacity management and risk/vulnerability management. They partner closely with managed service providers, enterprise architecture, IT security, audit/risk and delivery teams to continuously improve the technologies within their solution area. From time to time, they may be asked to participate with level 2/3 support for technologies related to the EUC solution area during incidents. Role Value Proposition:
Reporting into the End User Solution Owner for Brighthouse Financial (BHF), the End User Solution Engineer will be part of BHF's Infrastructure and Operations team accountable for ensuring the release and stability of all solutions within the EUC solution area including, but not limited to; Microsoft Azure Hybrid AD management, O365 (Outlook, Skype/Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, etc.), Windows 10, MacOS, VDI's, enterprise print, MAM, MDM, desktop recovery and shared drives. This role will ensure all technical solutions are fully integrated with IT Service Management, operations and information security. This role will be responsible for partnering with enterprise architecture, vendors and managed providers to develop a 3-5 year technical roadmap. They will also play the role of Solution Owner for any EUC driven enhancements and technical releases within the Infrastructure and Operations organization.
The End User Solution Engineer will be part of dynamic and matrixed team of technology professionals that will be instrumental in maturing BHF's next generation of infrastructure services. The individual in this role will work as the primary EUC engineer in supporting the managed support provider by helping effectively prioritize, plan, implement, monitor and continuously improve all EUC related technologies and solutions across the enterprise. She/he will be responsible for validating solution designs, engineering standards, non-functional requirements and ensure that all solutions follow BHF's SDLC delivery process. This role will also play a key part in supporting incident and problem management by providing L2/L3 support and direction as needed. Key Responsibilities:
The End User Solution Engineer is accountable for the operational oversight of BHF's EUC technologies and solutions. The solution engineer will help prioritize, plan, implement, monitor and continuously improve all solutions in accordance with the organization's technical strategy, architectural designs, industry best practices, regulatory and/or compliance requirements. As the needs of BHF change, the End User Solution Engineer will be responsible for identifying and recommending enhancements as well as leading projects within the EUC solution area as a Solution Owner.
This role will also contribute to the infrastructure and operations strategy and will be a key role in providing reliable, secure solutions aimed at improving the performance and user experience of our enterprise workforce. They are accountable for overseeing configuration management, recovery plans, technical requirements and interfacing directly with IT solution owners, support partners, architecture and managed service providers to provide technical direction and communications.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Sets technical standards and direction for all technologies within the EUC solution area such as; operating systems, desktop and application virtualization, application packaging/distribution, office productivity tools (Outlook, Skype/Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, etc.) , print, shared drives, mobile application and device management, end user devices/personas and supporting technologies such as Active Directory and System Center Configuration Manager
- Develops and owns engineering and design artifacts for respective solution, e.g., low level designs, configuration documentation
- Participates in IT project work, accountable for engineering design activities within the SDLC where solution technologies are required
- Oversees technical solutions delivered and managed by strategic partners to validate their use of best practices and alignment to BHF technical standards
- Provides level 2/3 technical support during incident management for EUC related technologies and solutions
- Partners closely with enterprise architecture to establish a 3-5 year EUC roadmap and regularly participates in architecture review board meetings
- Ensures that all solution technologies are properly integrated with ITIL processes such as, but not limited to; incident, problem, change, availability, capacity and service level management
- Reviews operational health reports and recommends new projects aimed at improving the health or quality of EUC technologies and/or solutions
- Reviews Statements of Work and requirements for technical completeness and accuracy
- Provides first level of approval for technical changes relative to EUC technologies and/or solutions
- Establishes performance baselines for EUC solutions/technologies and validates proper monitoring and telemetry is in place to proactively detect and resolve problems
- Works to identify and close out risks and/or vulnerabilities related to EUC technical solutions in a timely manner
- Promotes self-service and automation wherever possible to achieve "Best in Cost" delivery and end user support model
- Develops and provides technical training for other team members and 3 rd party providers to improve awareness and education of EUC solutions, roadmap and standards
- Attends EUC related user groups, webinars and technical conferences representing Brighthouse Financial to share and gain insights from other companies and peers across various industries
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related experience with EUC technologies
- Must have experience managing Microsoft Active Directory and group policies, Unified Communication and Collaboration tools (O365)
- Working knowledge and experience with Endpoint Management tools - Microsoft Intune and Jamf
- Experience in the design, build and deployment of PC/Mac infrastructure, lifecycle & support
- Strong background in desktop virtualization or presentation technologies such as; VMware or Citrix
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Apple, iOS and Android operating systems and their release schedules
- Familiarity with messaging services such as; Skype, Slack, WhatsApp, etc.
- Understanding of Microsoft licensing models
- Comfortable working in and making registry edits
- Azure cloud experience
- Ability to develop and maintain IT documentation
- Experience working within project management lifecycles and methodologies, e.g., SDLC, Agile, Lean
- Excellent communication skills with ability to easily navigate across functional teams and providers
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, guidelines, and frameworks within the financial services industry such as; NY-DFS, FFIEC, NIST, COBIT, ISO27001, etc.
- Enjoys working in a growth oriented, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment
- Ability to effectively execute concurrent activities and maintain focus on key details during times of crisis and heightened pressure
- Relevant certification(s) preferred - Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, AWS, CompTIA, etc.
Less than 5% Number of Openings: