Financial Advisory Director
Financial Advisory Services Restructuring Director Grant Thornton 11/5/2019 7:42:40 AM JOB ID: 043161 Specialty: Charlotte, North Carolina
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Transaction Services – Restructuring Director
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow tomorrow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. Our Transaction Services (TS) delivery model includes the entire transaction lifecycle enabling engagement opportunities throughout the lifetime of a deal. TS services includes Diligence, Corporate Value Consulting, Strategic Solutions and Tax.
Do you want to get out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself? Are you interested in working on multiple different projects in an array of industries? If so, the Restructuring Director role may be what you’re looking for.
We provide advisory services to debtors, creditors and other stakeholders of organizations in transition. The Restructuring Director will typically be responsible for overseeing all phases of a project and responsibilities may include:
- Performing and overseeing financial analysis on companies to develop findings and recommendations (may include preparing integrated three statement models)
- Communicating your findings and recommendations to senior level employees and to the client
- Assisting in the preparation of restructuring and turnaround plans
- Participating in lender and owner negotiations
- For bankruptcy engagements responsibilities may include: liaising with bankruptcy lawyers and other professionals; assisting with managing liquidity (including preparing 13 week cash flow forecasts), analysis to support development of business plans and the managing of vendors
The Restructuring Director works closely with partners and staff and plays a key role in client management, practice development, and business development. The Restructuring Director will likely have an opportunity to work across a variety of industries and service lines. This may include leading financial due diligence and performance improvements engagements.
Intellectual curiosity and flexibility are key characteristics for a successful Restructuring Director.
Other essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships and cross-sell services.
- Manage client expectations concerning project deliverables and deadlines
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence.
- Independently perform and oversee advanced financial analysis on companies in a variety of industries and communicate findings and recommendations to senior level employees as well as the client's management team, board of directors, lenders and equity sponsor;
- Prepare restructuring and turnaround strategy including business plan for companies across various stages of growth and turnover;
- Conduct lender and owner negotiation to effectuate a successful restructuring; conduct valuation of companies;
- Mentor/develop of analyst/associate;
- Conduct oversight of associates in conducting financial analysis;
- Lead multiple engagements and deliver value to clients;
- Participate in practice and firm building activities such as training/mentoring, interviewing, program development and business development; plan and execute bankruptcy including liaising with bankruptcy lawyers and other professionals; manage liquidity and develop business plan for short, medium and long term for financially distressed clients; manage vendors and develop negotiation strategy to maintain ready supply of raw materials and service to ensure continued client operations under tight liquidity constraints; and analyze product/customer/geographical profitability to develop strategy on price increases and exiting certain segments/geographies. ---- -- Periodic travel may be required to various unanticipated worksites in the US; individuals may reside anywhere in the U.S.
- Recruit, manage, mentor, and train senior associates and associates.
- Assess performance of senior associates and associates for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Additional duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of related work experience in the areas of restructuring and turnaround consulting, crisis management, interim management, mergers and acquisitions, or a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, with extensive experience developing financial models, including 13 week cash flow forecasts and integrated three statement models.
- Working with distressed organization experiencing liquidity constraints and imminent debt defaults (in or outside chapter 11), Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, including hands-on experience completing Statements of Financial Affairs, Schedules of Assets and Liabilities, and Monthly Operating Reports.
- Working awareness of procedures of Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills.
- Excellent written, presentation, leadership, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Availability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.6 billion and operates 59 offices across the United States with more than 590 partners and 8,500+ employees in the U.S. and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 043161
Charlotte, North Carolina
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright Grant Thornton. All rights reserved.