Internal Audit Manager
- Charlotte, NC, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- AXA Equitable
- 19 oct. 17 2017-10-19
Lead and conduct team‐oriented, risk‐based audit activities designed to identify business risks and evaluate the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes.
AXA US Internal Audit team exists to help the Board and Executive Management protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organization by providing an independent and objective assurance activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. It helps the organization meet its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to challenge Executive Management and evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. The AXA US Internal Audit team reports directly to AXA Financial Audit Committee.
We are a high performing team that is serious about protecting the company and professional development. Our ideal candidate has a background in risk and control functions, is a self- starter, great collaborator and has demonstrated success working in a business partnering capacity. You should be smart, dedicated, fun and have a passion for learning.
This position provides the opportunity to learn about all the businesses and functions within AXA US and exposure to all level of management. While the travel requirement is minimal, it also provides opportunity to interact with AXA personnel around the globe.
• Lead and conduct team‐oriented, risk‐based audit activities designed to identify business risks and evaluate the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes.
• Perform planning, scheduling and monitoring of multiple audits/projects.
• Perform advanced fieldwork activities, including inquiry of clients, inspection of records and documents, and observations and re‐performance of complex control procedures. Incorporates use of data analytics to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit.
• Communicate audit/investigation results to senior team members and business line management, performs appropriate follow‐up tasks.
• Prepare drafts of Audit Reports, analyze basic control gaps and root causes to formulate potential remediation actions.
• Participate in special projects, investigations as appropriate
•6 plus years of professional experience ideally including experience within an internal audit, risk management or compliance function at a large, global financial service institution (life insurance sector preferred but not required) or within a large public accounting firm (Big Four preferred but not required)
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner or Certified Anti-Money Laundry Specialist is a plus
- The financial services industry and the associated regulatory environment.
- Risk and controls concepts
- Fraud investigation
- Application and infrastructure controls
• Understanding of control functions processes including identifying and evaluating key risks; developing and conducting audit testing; documenting work performed; and presenting findings identified.
• Strong (oral and writing, including formal report writing) communication skills
• Works autonomously and is objective and rigorous in his or her approach.
• Strong strategic and critical thinker that must also be results oriented and pragmatic.
• Challenges the status quo, explains the necessity for change and helps others to accept and implement change
• Self-motivated, work well in team environment but able to also work independently.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.