Network Solution Owner
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're se eking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Network Solution Owner is responsible for defining and managing the quality (i.e., end user experience feedback, service level agreements, key performance indicators, technical debt levels, etc.) and costs (i.e., services, software, hardware, etc.) of all solutions offered within the Network solution area. They ensure that all solutions pertaining to network infrastructure are properly managed, communicated, secured, available and ultimately meet the needs of the Brighthouse Financial (BHF) workforce. They oversee and direct managed service providers and provide people management and leadership to a small internal team of 2-3 individuals. They are responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of technical expertise and oversight exist to properly manage and support solutions within their space. They work closely with delivery teams, architecture, information security, internal audit and IT Service Management to build and maintain all solutions within their solution area. They are also responsible for overseeing recovery efforts for level 2/3 incidents, providing technical change approvals and measuring the health of solutions within the network solution area. Role Value Proposition:
Reporting into the Head of Infrastructure Services for Brighthouse Financial (BHF), the Network Solution Owner will be part of BHF's Infrastructure and Operations team accountable for the quality and costs of all solution offerings within the network solution area including, but not limited to; LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, IP Management, VPN, DNS, DHCP, NTP, VLAN Segmentation, Remote Access, QoS Tagging, Network Transport and protocol standards. This role will ensure all solutions are defined, understood and fully integrated with IT Service Management, operations and information security. They will be responsible for establishing metrics, baselines and targets to create business cases and lead projects aimed at improving the quality and/or costs of network solutions. They will also be accountable for proper management of all network related assets, including; software, firmware, hardware, circuits, and network configurations.
The Network Solution Owner will be part of a dynamic and matrixed team of technology professionals that will be instrumental in maturing BHF's next generation of infrastructure services. The individual in this role will define and own (quality/cost) all network solution offerings provided internally or by managed suppliers and will identify, prioritize and continuously improve such solutions across the enterprise. She/he will be responsible for making sure network related delivery needs are met on time and with quality. They will also be responsible for overseeing recovery efforts for level 2/3 incidents, providing technical change approvals and measuring the quality and costs of all solutions within the network solution space. Key Responsibilities:
The Network Solution Owner is accountable for making sure all network solutions are available, secure and meet the needs of the BHF workforce from all locations and approved devices. The solution owner will help identify, prioritize and continuously improve all solutions in accordance with the organization's business strategy, architectural designs, industry best practices, regulatory and/or compliance requirements.
This role will also contribute to the infrastructure and operations strategy and will play a key role in providing reliable, secure solutions aimed at improving the performance and user experience of our enterprise workforce. The network solution owner will be accountable for making sure that all network solution offerings are properly defined, managed, communicated, secured, available, improved on and meet the needs of the Brighthouse Financial (BHF) workforce from all locations and approved devices.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Oversees build and maintenance activities of all network technologies and solutions including, but not limited to; LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, IP Management, VPN, DNS, DHCP, NTP, VLAN Segmentation, Remote Access, QoS Tagging, Network Transport and protocol usage
- Defines network solution offerings including expected service levels, hours of support, key performance indicators and costs to deliver and maintain
- Accountable for ensuring technology delivery processes are followed and that engineering and design artifacts exist for respective solutions, e.g., low level designs, configuration documentation, etc.
- Oversees level 2/3 technical recovery support, helps determine incident criticality and manages escalations with solution providers as needed during incident management for network related technologies and solutions
- Accountable for proper management of all network related assets, including software, firmware, hardware, circuits, and network configurations.
- Attends CAB meetings, regularly reviews and provides 2 nd level approval for all technical changes that could impact network solutions and/or technologies
- Ensures that all solution offerings are properly integrated with ITIL processes such as, but not limited to; incident, problem, change, availability, capacity and service level management
- Reviews operational health reports and recommends new projects aimed at improving the health or quality of network technologies and/or solutions
- Reviews Statements of Work and requirements for technical completeness and accuracy
- Establishes key performance indicators, baselines and targets to measure quality and costs for all network solutions/technologies
- Works to identify and close out technical debt, risks and/or vulnerabilities related to network solution offerings in a timely manner
- Promotes self-service and automation wherever possible to achieve "Best in Cost" delivery and end user support model
- Regularly works with End User Experience (EUX) leader to seek out customer feedback and recommends, initiates and delivers improvements based on such feedback
- Develops and reviews all network solution and technology related communications in collaboration with corporate communication
- Attends network related user groups, webinars and technical conferences representing Brighthouse Financial to share and gain insights from other companies and peers across various industries
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of related experience with network solutions and technologies
- High level of proficiency and deep understanding in the design, build and management of network infrastructure, lifecycle & support activities
- Strong people management and personal development skills
- Experience using ServiceNow for request, incident, problem, change and network asset management
- Detail and process focused with working knowledge of lean and agile methodologies
- Equinix cloud exchange knowledge a plus
- Must have experience establishing and managing a financial budget, managing device inventories, versions and configurations
- Experience working with Cisco and Meraki wireless access points, switches and routers
- High levels of proficiency with routing protocols, VLAN segmentation, QoS tagging and transport methods and security
- Demonstrable knowledge of managed service provider management and oversight
- Experience working with firewall technologies
- Strong understanding of SD-WAN technologies and cloud network transports like express routes and direct connects
- Experience establishing KPI's, defining network configuration standards and integrating events with a NoC
- Working knowledge of ansible, chef, puppet or other related technologies a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco, Meraki and IBM product lifecycles
- Familiarity with messaging services such as; Skype, Slack, WhatsApp, etc.
- Experience negotiating with vendors and escalating incident and problem response
- Azure and/or AWS cloud experience a plus
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint to help convey ideas and develop communication materials
- Excellent communication skills with ability to easily navigate across functional teams and providers
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, guidelines, and frameworks within the financial services industry such as; NY-DFS, FFIEC, NIST, COBIT, ISO27001, etc.
- Enjoys working in a growth oriented, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment
- Ability to effectively execute concurrent activities and maintain focus on key details during times of crisis and heightened pressure
- Relevant certification(s) preferred - Cisco, Meraki, Microsoft, AWS, CompTIA, etc.
Less than 5% Number of Openings: