U.S. Bank is seeking a Product Owner 1 to join their team in Charlotte! In this role, the Product Owner 1 will be part of a Foreign Exchange (FX) technology team, focused on ongoing FX systems and projects. The Product Owner 1 will maintain a product backlog, refine/drive user stories, and sprint planning. Strong candidates will have one to two years of related experience, Agile, SAFe methodology, as well as an understanding of FX or capital markets.
- Partners closely with customers (internal and external), the business line(s) and Agile teams to drive the evolution of the assigned product(s).
- Maintains and refines product backlog; creates user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritizes all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy.
- Acts as primary liaison between the business and Agile teams, ensuring the teams understand vision for the products.
- Work closely in a hands-on style with development team including addressing daily prioritization needs, providing real-time feedback and answering questions on an ongoing basis.
- Works with Product Management to set release dates, determine when sufficient value has been delivered to release to market, understand trade-offs between schedule, scope and budget and communicates this information to the organization.
- Employs product management practices and tactics including customer research, data and analytics, and market research.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- One to two years of related experience
- Knowledgeable with Foreign Exchange or Capital Markets products, concepts, etc.
- Ability to collaboratively develop and evolve a product backlog
- Ability to develop and articulate a product vision that supports outcomes, value and prioritization of work
- Solid understanding of the Lean/Agile mindset
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills including ability to collaborate with and empower teams
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer navigation skills
- Standard industry certifications such as SAFe Agile Product Owner is a plus