Product Owner, Business Intelligence
- Charlotte, NC, États-Unis
- Freelance, Plein-temps
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 18 nov. 18
Product Owner, Business Intelligence
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Enterprise Business Intelligence function is accountable for how Brighthouse Financial defines, disseminates, and utilizes the wealth of data that we collect about our products, customers, processes, and marketplace. The function is responsible for the technologies and infrastructure required for the organization to create BI reports, dashboards, scorecards, and other analytics.
The Product Owner role will partner with business stakeholders from our functional teams (Actuarial, Investments, Treasury, Tax, Human Resources, Compliance, Finance, Marketing, Distribution, etc.) to define and prioritize the Business Intelligence reporting backlog. They combine expertise in the domain of data warehousing, data management, and business intelligence to deliver innovative reporting and analytic solutions.
- Develop a BI Roadmap and backlog of projects for a newly defined set of Business Intelligence applications (SAP Business Objects, Web Intelligence, Lumira, Crystal Reports, Analysis for Office / Analytics Cloud)
- Oversees and executes BI projects typically large in scope and complexity
- Collaborates both with business stakeholders and the delivery teams to define and communicate the BI roadmap
- Lead business quarterly planning meetings
- Prepare the BI backlog for the upcoming 2-4 sprints
- Owns the overall BI portfolio road map, advocates for the BI strategy and standards internally, and represents the customer in meetings with development teams.
- The "product" in this case is the enterprise BI semantic layer. The goal is to make the semantic layer and self-service reporting capabilities a good experience for all our customers.
- Helps Brighthouse senior leadership, IT peers and teams and internal BI customers understand the evolution of the BI applications
- The Product Owner manages work intake and project load balancing and assignments across the delivery team and monitors balance and capacity
- Is customer-facing and assists with and documents project intake
- Maintains, prioritizes and keeps fresh the BI project view and represents it to customers, IT leadership and peers
- Leverages the project view and prioritization to let customers know "where they stand"
- Is very connected to key peer teams like the Transition Management Office, Architecture, Data Integration and Data Governance for example to understand key dependencies that impact BI delivery and timelines
- Defines and authors Features according to the business and BI roadmap (includes Architectural or technical reporting enablers and debt items)
- Provides servant-leadership for a team(s) of consultants accountable for reporting requirements, development, and QA / testing
- Ensures the SAP BI application and reporting experience and overall impression is good
- Be available for Sprint Planning meetings; explain feature/story priorities and requirements to the Agile team
- Define the sprint / iteration objectives
- Write well-defined User Stories / Use Cases and acceptance criteria
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years working in IT and a data warehouse and business intelligence organization implementing operational and strategic reporting
- Working knowledge and understanding of key concepts and best practices for building and operating relational databases including ETL/ELT and data modeling and architecture
- Experience implementing data governance and data quality solutions a plus
- Strong data analysis and data mining skills and solid SQL skills
- 5+ years working knowledge of or hands on development experience with commercial business intelligence tools like Microstrategy, SAP Business Objects Enterprise, Tableau, SAS, Qlik, etc.
- In depth knowledge and understanding SAAS
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business needs into technical solution
- Experience gathering and translating business reporting requirements into functional and technical specifications
- Strong communicator, good negotiator, good business sense, decisive, trustworthy, proactive, flexible and open-minded
- Ability to manage roadblocks and conflicts leading to resolution to keep the project on track
- Able to achieve results in a matrix setting through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership
- Skills required: Story writing, story splitting, prioritization, focus on real business need and objectives
- Working knowledge of lean and agile values, principles and practices
- Demonstrated work experience of agile/scrum methodology
- Proficiency with a variety of agile project management tools (Rally, JIRA, TFS, etc.
- 3-5 years' experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, and/or BA in an Agile development environmen
- Product Owner, Product Manager, and/or Scrum Master certification is a plus
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
Number of Openings: