Senior Accountant - Global Services Charlotte, NC/en-US/CLA/job/Charlotte-NC/Experienced-Staff-Accountant---Global-Services_R4411/apply We are looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant
to join the Business Operations practice in our Charlotte office. As part of CLAs BizOps practice, you will be a member of the CLA Global Services client service team and will work directly with our clients to provide customized accounting services to support them as they manage and grow their business or organization. The Global Services team works with fast growing companies setting up operations or expanding their business within the United States. We provide global consulting, outsource accounting, and business administration for these companies.
In this role, you will work independently at client locations supported and supervised by a CLA Controller. You will be responsible for a variety of accounting, financial and operational services for our clients including processing complex transactions, completing account reconciliations, closing accounting periods, drafting financial statements, and supporting our clients accounting functions. This position provides an outstanding opportunity to grow your career as you contribute to the success of clients businesses or organizations. This is a full-time, long-term career opportunity serving multiple CLA clients on a permanent, part-time basis; it is not
an outsourced temporary position. Job Description
- Complete non-complex and some complex account reconciliations and record transactions as part of the monthly, quarterly, and annual adjusting and closing process.
- Apply GAAP (FASB/SFAS) related to our clients specific industries.
- Prepare and review the general ledger, financial statements and required work papers
- Assist with preparing and reviewing financial and statistical reports, analyzing for unusual items and notifying team leaders when necessary.
- Prepare and review payroll and payroll tax reporting
- Assist annually with preparation for the independent auditors
- Gain a thorough understanding of the financial operations of industry specific engagements (i.e. nonprofit, healthcare, manufacturing, etc.)
- Identify accounting errors, research technical issues, and proactively resolve issues
- Assist with projects related to due diligence, system selection, and other consulting.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field a plus; AA degree in accounting plus experience will be considered
- 3+ years relative work experience as a staff or senior accountant or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in the Ag Industry is preferred; but, not required
- Aptitude to develop a thorough working knowledge of accounting software and systems, i.e. QuickBooks, Yardi, MRI, Timberline, Sage, Foundations.
- Proficiency with applicable software (including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc).
- Ability to travel to client sites.
- Strong organization skills/goal orientation/self-motivation.
- Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Communication that is clear, concise, and considerate of the needs of others.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and value the different contributions people make.
- Proven success in managing work and key client relationships to exceed client expectations.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click to learn about your hiring rights.
Posted 26 Days AgoFull timeR4411
Start your inspired career
When you join CLA, youll have the opportunity to design your own . Career growth is about having new experiences and lots of exposure to different roles that stretch your comfort zone, expand your skills, and shape you as a leader. Its not so much about climbing a ladder or acquiring new titles its the discovery of your strengths and the outer reaches of your true potential. At CLA, you have the freedom to explore many opportunities, including your choice of industry specialization, service capability, career path, and mobility.
to see why people join CLA.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our clients, our people, and our communities through industry-focused wealth advisory, outsourcing, audit, tax, and consulting services. With more than 6,200 people, 120 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we promise to know you and help you. Learn more at . Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
Wellness at CLA
Wellness is shaped by our promise to know you and help you. We create opportunities for our people to live well and be happy by focusing on their physical, financial, social, and emotional well-being. to learn more about CLAs benefit offerings.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer /AA Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
to learn about your hiring rights.