Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
Brighthouse Financial Internal Audit will be laser focused on addressing risks that could prevent us from achieving our insurgent mission and adding value with sound business advice.
The Brighthouse Financial Senior Auditor -Technology reports to Brighthouse Financial's Internal Audit Leaders and is a key member of our team. They will provide assurance services focused on the top financial, operational, and product risks facing Brighthouse's strategy, and will be engaged in advisory projects aligned to Brighthouse's strategy.
The Senior Auditor is a leader who takes ownership, accountability, and pride in their work and the success of the team. The role will primarily be responsible for conducting audits of Brighthouse's information technology environment, but they must also be willing to learn and audit all areas of the company such as Finance, Product, Operations, and Risk Management. The candidate should have an interest in developing their business knowledge as well as using data and analytics to focus on risk. In addition to performing audits, this role will also assist with SOX testing. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Implement the Internal Audit department's audit methodology, processes, reporting, and technology.
- Work closely with audit managers and team members to develop the scope and approach for assigned audits to ensure we focus on the right risks and hold the business accountable to the appropriate level of risk mitigation.
- Utilize experience and auditing skills to cover a broad range of risks, including finance, business, technology, and data.
- Demonstrate a willingness to improve and increase knowledge by taking on new assignments and responsibilities in multiple areas.
- Build relationships with business leaders and work with external audit teams, consultants, and regulators as needed.
- Competent knowledge of financial services / IT operations, procedures and policies. Strong familiarity with appropriate business processes and transactions.
- Strong knowledge of IT general controls, operating system and database platforms, IT governance processes, IT Risk Management's assessment processes, Third Party Risk, and IT application control concepts.
- Competent knowledge of generally accepted audit standards, Corporate Internal Audit standards, COBIT principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Knowledge of process design and controls testing and proper documentation.
- Ability to understand how to use data to identify risks.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and consultative work style.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including presenting, listening, interviewing, and workpaper documentation
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred
- 2-5 years of auditing experience; Big Four public accounting experience preferred
- Certified as, or working towards, a CIA, CPA, CISA or FLMI designation