Sr Cyber Security Engineer (100% Remote OR Charlotte)
Job Description Moody's IT Risk department is looking for an Sr. Cyber Security Engineer to join its growing
organization. This is a challenging position requiring deep knowledge of security products and
networking. The candidate should be motivated and willing to take on challenges, able to
multi-task to succeed and can work independently and with minimal oversight.
The Cybersecurity team is globally responsible for helping the organization balance risk by
aligning policies and procedures with Moody's business and regulatory requirements. The
team is responsible for the development, enforcement and monitoring of security controls,
policies and procedures, disaster recovery programs, GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance)
reporting and the delivery of security services including the company's Cyber Security
program. Functional Responsibilities
• Act as the Senior Cyber Security Engineer within Moody's technology infrastructure teams
and outsourcing providers.
• Assist with developing Cybersecurity Engineering blueprints and solutions to enable business demand.
• Assist subject matter experts on range of security products in the Cybersecurity portfolio.
• Perform hands-on execution of work to enable the various products and service.
• Assist with creating security designs and configure security Controls within the Network Security Engineering portfolio.
• Assist with enhancing the automation capability across Moody's Cybersecurity portfolio by developing
scripts to automate manual activity.
• Develop, collect and mature security metrics for IT Risk programs.
• Understanding of Cloud Security Technologies
Qualifications Key Competencies
• Familiar with network engineering concepts
• Familiar with Network Security engineering concepts preferably utilizing Palo Alto Firewalls. Concepts include URL Filtering, Threat and Application, Global Protect, WildFire and routing on the firewalls.
• Ability to quickly assimilate new technologies, tools, internal/external systems and design frameworks. Strong and broad technology background.
• Ability to think with a security mindset. The successful candidate has a strong IT background within depth knowledge of several key security practice area: access control; application security; network security; security architecture; security strategy
• Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles, development and secure coding practices.
• Intermediate written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact directly with customers that do not have an IT background.
• Intermediate presentation skills involving large and of varying IT background audiences.
• Understanding of decryption technologies
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.