Wealth Management Specialist
Job Description: Business Overview
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
The Elite Growth Practice (EGP) Wealth Management Specialist role is a position on the Financial Advisor Team which operates in a capacity to further develop and service the client base. They are responsible for implementing and executing the Elite Growth Practice Model (EGP) in their specific functional role. Specific accountabilities for the role may vary depending on the teams practice. Performance is measured through specific goals, metrics and behavior's related to the execution of the EGP model. This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements
The Elite Growth Practice (EGP) Wealth Management Specialist position may be filled at a Trainee, Specialist or Senior level depending on experience of the candidate and needs of the Financial Advisor Team. The Trainee is a non-exempt position for a hire lacking required security licenses and/or designation. This position allows the individual to become fully licensed and achieve the appropriate designations required for the position. If Series 7 and 66 (or 63 & 65) licenses and approved designation are not currently held, must be obtained within a specified timeframe to be eligible for Specialist position. Qualifications
Additional Opening information: ABOUT THE TEAM:
- Series 7, 63/65 or 66 or equivalent; must obtain all state registrations in support of Financial Advisor(s) and Advisor Team(s) If Series 7, 63/65 or 66 or equivalent are not currently held, must be obtained within a specified timeframe to be eligible for Specialist position.
- SAFE ACT Registration; ADV-2B Required
- Obtain and/or maintain at least one firm approved designation within specified timeframe
- Demonstrated expertise and impact in at least two of the following specialized functions: Wealth Planning, Investment Management, Business Development, Business Management and/or Relationship Management
- Possess and demonstrate strong communication skills
- Understanding of how to deliver a strong overall client experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the suite of Wealth Management products and services
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Strong partnership and relationship management skills; ability to work across EGP functions and organizational lines/levels
- Ability to influence and demonstrate clear communication and collaboration with others to make sound decisions without direct authority
- Analytical skills with ability to identify trends, root cause and effects, and implement improved processes to increase growth and mitigate risk
- Ability to identify client needs and concerns, and articulate appropriate approach to align solutions to goals to support responsible growth
KM & Associates is an eleven-person Merrill Lynch financial advisory team split between two offices: Greensboro, NC and Palm Beach, FL. The team consists of six Financial Advisors, one Wealth Planner, one Senior Investment Manager, and three Client Associates. Collectively, the team manages over $2 billion in client assets domiciled at Merrill Lynch. THE ROLE:
KM & Associates is seeking the addition of an Investment Management Specialist to assist the team's Senior Investment Manager in day-to-day management of client investment portfolios. An Investment Management Specialist is a key contributor to help the team achieve financial outcomes aligned to clients' personal goals while navigating today's dynamic financial marketplace. In this capacity, they draw from best-in-industry research and insights to deliver investment strategy, build portfolios, monitor performance, and make recommendations based on clients' goals, objectives, risk tolerance, and time horizon .
- Generate and deliver investment management tools -including but not limited to investment proposal, CRC, etc.
- Research and develop portfolio recommendations
- Monitor and manage client portfolios
- Proactively review and manage team proprietary investment models
- Process trades (discretionary or non-discretionary)
- Manage ML One variances/enrollments/updates/withdrawals/terminations
- Create analytical reports for team to review client portfolio performance against market returns
- Must work out of either the Greensboro, NC or Palm Beach, FL Merrill Lynch offices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to summarize complex financial research into concise summaries for other team members
- Ability to perform thorough analytical investment manager due diligence
- Ability to work well with others across the team
- Must attain and/or maintain at least one firm-approved designation (CIMA, CFA, CFP). If designation is not currently held, the role requires attainment within one-year of employment.
*** This position is posted as a more senior position but is flexible to be filled as a lower level position if the posted qualifications are met by a strong lower level applicant.
*** Please be advised that under current company policy, Merrill Lynch does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization, nor will the company provide relocation assistance, for this position. Shift:
1st shift (United States of America) Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role