Credit Risk Management – Assistant Vice President, Oil & Gas # 104394
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision-making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
Credit Suisse's Corporate Credit Risk Management (CRM) team in North America partners with key partners throughout the Bank to meet business demands and an evolving regulatory environment in the US. CS is seeking an Assistant Vice President to support the underwriting and ongoing credit monitoring work of the Natural Resources vertical team.
Responsibilities to include:
- You will be responsible for the preparation of transaction memos to support CRM decisions and approvals
- You will be responsible for the interaction with deal teams and Corporate Lending regarding CRM follow-ups associated with under-writings and amendments/extensions of credit
- You will understand and take views on various transactions and transaction structures requiring CRM insight and approval
- You will have the opportunity to assist in crafting complete, clear and succinct written analysis of credit pages for transactions
- You will be responsible for authoring periodic credit monitoring reviews within industry vertical including modeling and ongoing surveillance
- You will have the chance to explain proposed credit and regulatory risk ratings
- You will process credit authorizations in internal approval system
- You will be responsible for ad hoc duties as requested by senior team members and CRM management
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within credit or accounting related functions
- At least 2 years of experience covering Oil & Gas sub-sectors and loan products, specifically Exploration & Production and Reserve-Based Loans
- Prior experience with Exploration & Production Lending and/or Workouts and/or technical expertise in Oil & Gas engineering preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics; credit training preferred
- Attested analytical and writing skills
- Attested attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work on a team under demanding deadlines
- Ability to succinctly communicate
- Attested motivation and ability deliver quality work products with little direct supervision