GM Client Lifecycle Management - KYC ODD Analyst
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The GM Client Lifecycle KYC Diligence exists to help protect Sales from regulatory risk. The KYC group helps with the identification of financial crime related risks and adherence with requirements set out by the US and UK regulators in relation to new and existing clients. The group works very closely with Global Client Onboarding (COB), which moves clients from "prospect" to "customer" in the shortest possible time. GMCI provides mentorship and advice to COB around KYC requirements and financial crime issues liaising with the second line of defence FCC teams.
- You will verify the identity of prospective new clients across the Global Markets division.
- Your verification should be in accordance with local regulatory and Credit Suisse policies and procedures.
- KYC analysts verify that Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media/Negative News screening has taken place using appropriate systems.
- You will be committed to ensure that clients are correctly classified as prescribed by CS Policy and Regulatory expectations.
- You will provide training on KYC/AML to Colleagues and other Departments as required.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
Qualifications, Skills and Certifications:
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English preferred
- Deep knowledge of US, UK or EU regulatory environment and general AML and KYC principles (Preferable).
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Good Interpersonal and strong communication skills.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.