What's in it for you:
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer. As a SQL/Object Oriented Developer, you will get to work with multiple large datasets relating to CRM and Finance. This is a dream job for anyone who wants exposure to a large amount of data and for anyone looking to get involved with financial data. As a member of a small scrum team you will distill complex business requirements into simple workable stories. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal from SSIS packages that move data across multiple environments to Angular for creating dashboards to Java/Python or SSAS for creating analytics. You will also get a chance to evaluate and improve existing workflows using technologies like TeamCity, Powershell, AWS, Apache Storm, Splunk, SOLR, TSQLT, Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, Kafka and API. You will be working closely with end users and internal groups to gather requirements will also be a key component of this role, working with external clients will be minimal.
In addition to your development work noted above, you will also gain exposure to object oriented development. You'll apply existing and emerging technologies to build mission critical solutions. You'll have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where priorities can change on a daily basis. You'll have the opportunity to mentor others. What you'll work on:
What we look for:
- Developing and maintaining Stored Procedures for the Ipreo platform
- Developing and maintaining SSIS packages for internal and external feeds
- Developing and delivering custom reports for customers
- Analyzing, designing, and developing code for front and middle tiers.
- Revising programs and creating corresponding documentation
- Optimizing existing data workflow as needed
- Supporting various data feeds in off-hours as needed
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008
- Strong analytical thinkers
- Logical solutions, an "outside the box" approach to data manipulation
- Candidate must exhibit excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to discuss business requirements and articulate complex technical concepts in simple terms is an absolute necessity. In addition, candidates must be able to provide documentation of their development work that can be used by other members of the team.
- Someone who is able to drive a process with little to no supervision
- Someone who is excited to learn about financial data
- Proven leadership skills
- SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Stored Procedures
- 1+ years of experience studying, analyzing, and optimizing Execution Plans
- 1+ years of experience with SSIS
- Bachelors degrees or equivalent in the Comp science or related
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.