Sr. Windows Engineering and Operations SME
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Senior Windows Engineering and Operations (EngOps) Level 2 support role for region AMERICA within infrastructure technology group in Credit Suisse. Responsibilities:
- Ensure windows server management (incl. Incident-, Problem-, Change-Management) of ~8'000 high available Windows server systems and clusters (Windows Server 2008 - 2019)
- Manage virtual Infrastructure, incl. administration and maintenance activities for complex VMware ESX based server cloud
- Root cause analysis and implementation of sustainable solutions together with application support teams and business customers.
- Manage large scale events such as Quarterly Maintenance Windows, Disaster Recovery tests also Major Incident
- Availability for off hour work during major incidents and weekend work during major events
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science/Engineering or adequate education
- 8+ years of proven work experience in system administration of Windows 2008 - 2019 in larger environments, preferred in the financial industry
- Proficient in Windows Server Management, Clustering, Networking and ESX environment
- Practical experience in Incident, Change and Problem Management, including root cause analysis
- Knowledge and/or experience in Systems Management Tools (e.g. SCCM, ServiceNow), scripting (batch/PowerShell) and ITIL V3 is a plus!
- Hardworking, result oriented with ability to learn in a fast paced environment
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.