Strategy & Architecture for Collaboration and Retention Service
In the CIO function, we collaborate across businesses, divisions and regions to provide the services and technology capabilities required to serve staff and clients of the bank. It is a high priority for us to invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility.
The role: As Global Head of Strategy and Architecture for Collaboration and Retention services, you will be accountable for leading and growing a diverse and global team who define, maintain, and evolve the strategy and architecture of the Collaboration & Retention services portfolio.
This is an exciting leadership role, which will solve deeply complex and rewarding technical challenges, shape organizational change, led by example across a wide range of technical and security domains, while maintaining trust and clear communications partners in the business and other non-technical functions of the bank. We offer:
- Evaluate existing service architectures and design patterns, chair the design authority for Collaboration & Retention.
- Architect new deliveries of infrastructure focused projects, ensuring they are planned well and properly.
- Define and make sure standards, as a technical domain SME.
- Provide experienced level technical guidance on a wide range, assess risks effectively, and be capable of challenging all aspects of design and plans.
- Deeply understand security authentication and authorization policies/methods and be able to integrate them with internally developed or vendor bases applications.
- Respond to and resolve emergent service and project delivery problems
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems.
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- Automate standardized repeatable tasks and steps and contribute to building a DevOps model
- Have line management responsibilities and act a local lead in Raleigh for the Collaboration & Retention team.
- You possess strong analytical skills, problem perception and problem solving skills paired with open-mindedness and a bias for action.
- You strive for client orientation; self-study/understand the business, enabling you to empathize and communicate complex technical challenges by translating them to meaningful examples the business can understand.
- You possess deep knowledge across multiple IT Infrastructure domains (e.g. Enterprise Infrastructure, Cyber, Risk, Regulatory Frameworks, Microsoft 365 & Azure, Network Security, PKI and Modern Auth (Open ID/OIDC, SAML, OAuth 2, etc), Unified Communications & Voice Solutions Architecture, Voice Recording, Enterprise Electronic Communications Compliance/Retention and eDiscovery Solutions Architecture)
- You have demonstrable experience in developing and delivering classic, hybrid cloud, and cloud-based infrastructure solutions within large financial services based organizations.
- You are able to define and ensure adoption of the best technical architecture design practices within your span of control, and beyond
- You can identify and manage interrelationships between various service architectures and performance;
- You can Diagnose Technical and Non-Technical Root Causes
- You have a proven ability to identify, build, and lead great people, ensuring they get the right input to continue improving and growing.
- You are a problem-solver with excellent leadership skills and ability influence your peers and upper management.
- You are inclined working through ambiguity, under pressure, and against tight deadlines, to solve considerable technical challenges and hold others accountable to high standards in doing so.
- You possess ability to coordinate regional and global efforts, being a leader in multi-functional teams, getting results and holding peers/partners accountable without direct authority.
- You hold at least 5+ years of professional experience working in a large technology infrastructure practice.
- You hold 3+ years of Network/Security Architecture experience (or equivalent).
- You possess 1+ years of people leadership/experience (direct or matrix).
- You possess experience with Agile/Kanban methodologies; Cloud & Software-as-a-Service solutions.
- You possess superb interpersonal skills both in content generation and presentation.
- You possess excellent business communications; to customers and senior management.
- You hold Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related field is preferred.