(z/os) Database Administrator
- Perform DBA support functions for high volume Production DB2 subsystems
- Handle backup, recovery & disaster recovery responsibilities for primary & secondary Production environments
- Participate in on-call & off-hours support coverage
- Assist application teams with technical advice, diagnosis of SQL errors
- Assist with data refresh requirements in testing environments
- Analyze application SQL to recommend performance improvements
- Work with application teams regarding major implementations and data archival efforts
- Perform application DBA functions (maintain & implement DDL, handle image copy & maintenance activities) for all testing environments
- Support migration of DDL across environments to Production
- Assist with migration and testing activities to support new DB2 releases
- Participate in DB2 new version install/upgrades across UAT & Production environments
- You possess at least minimum 5 - 7 years of hands-on experience in DB2 z/OS Database Administration for v10 and v11. Recent experience with DB2 12 is a +.
- You have deep understanding/experience in JCL, TSO ISPF, CICS & COBOL.
- You possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- You possess superb communication (Oral and Written) skills.
- You are dedicated, self-starter with independent thinking, strong decision-making capabilities.
- You are experience with IBM DB2 utilities, CA database tools & DB2 performance monitors (CA / BMC).
- You possess proficiency in application related performance and tuning, including extensive SQL coding tuning.