- Omaha, NE, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
Lieu de travail : Omaha, NE, États-UnisThe Role:
The Director-Systems Engineering at Moody's is responsible for the strategy and execution of our SaaS platform IT infrastructure while making a real impact on our fast-paced daily production operations, which ultimately supports the experience for thousands of our clients. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the IT requirements to sustain a SaaS model, including the need to mitigate risks across the board, lead and coordinate a team and identify cost effective IT solutions suitable for our business requirements. We're looking for someone to sustain and grow a state-of-the-art environment through ambition, drive and leadership while bridging the space between strategic vision, business practice and software implementation.
Our Director-Systems Engineering is responsible for the operation of a 24x7x365 On Demand/SaaS/Cloud environment which requires on-call for oversight during incident escalations outside of normal business hours. Our Director-Systems Engineering is also provided direct access to customer financial data and must treat and maintain such data with complete confidentiality to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
Strategy & Planning
- In partnership with the Executive and Leadership team, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company's services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company's services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- Participate as a member of the Leadership team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization's resources are used responsibly, particularly in the SaaS areas of software development, networks, systems, and telecommunications.
- Establish a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
- Act as a liaison with the Director of Risk to execute an information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company's data and servers.
- Direct development and execution of a SaaS disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Communicate the company's SaaS technology strategy to the Executive and Leadership teams, staff, and clients.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences, reading widely, hire and train new IT professionals.
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the SaaS platform.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate Moody's Leadership team, staff, and clients (when necessary) with regard to the company's technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure SaaS platform technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of IT staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) with the IT Manager and vendors (through service level agreements).
- 12+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based and/or cloud services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- In depth knowledge of Cloud based hosting platform.
- Experience with AWS, Postgres, Microsoft SQL, and SaaS web applications is a plus.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management Business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operation.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, MIS, business administration, or the equivalent rigorous discipline.
- A Master's degree is a strong plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.