Firm-wide Data Controls Management Policy Lead - Vice President/ Executive Director
The Firm-wide Data Controls Management group is seeking a Vice-President level candidate with Policy, Legal, Compliance, Regulatory, Risk and or Control related expertise to own the definition, drafting and updates to our Firm-wide Data Management Policy.
The Firm-wide Data Controls Management group is responsible for identifying and implementing mechanisms to identify data management issues and themes (e.g., Internal Audit; RCSA; MRIAs/MRAs), defining expected controls supporting sound data management by all parts of the firm that create / maintain / provide / consume data ("data control framework"), partnering with Technology and Business Control Officers to drive LOB adoption of data controls and compliance with data policy and standards, defining necessary data policy and standards refinements, and partnering with key related areas across the firm (e.g., Cyber; Data Privacy; Data Retention). This group is accountable to the firm Chief Data Office and the firm Chief Control Officer.
- Analyze and enhance data policy and standards to ensure our data program requires a practical, simple and effective framework for data management that delivers business impact as well as effective risk management and regulatory compliance; help refine and refresh as needed.
- Partner with technology, risk, cyber, security and business functions along with firm-wide CDO's to ensure the firm-wide policy and standards are consistent with other policies and standards which overlap.
- Stay informed of regulatory and industry developments impacting data governance / management.
- 15 years of experience in a Policy, Legal, Compliance, Regulatory, Risk and or Control function(s); at least 2 years writing
- Outstanding analytical and writing skills; ability to simplify the complex; ability to communicate effectively to senior leadership
- Proven ability to act independently with excellent decisioning skills / judgment.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and handle / prioritize multiple projects at same time.
- Knowledge of data management preferable
- Bachelor's degree required; JD, MBA or other graduate degree a plus