Principal Developer (Geneva)
- Jersey City, NJ, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BNY Mellon
- 24 sept. 17
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world.
Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-10 years of experience in software development required, knowledge of agile development preferred, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with Advent Geneva RSL and understanding of the user features/functions of the application
- Experience with Microsoft .NET technologies
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Proficiency in OO programming in C#, C++ or Java
- Experience with Scripting languages on UNIX and Windows,
- Experience with source control systems (GIT, TFS, SVN etc…)
- Experience / Familiarity working in Agile development environments and use of JIRA
- Knowledge of financial instruments, markets, and trading and prior programming experience in the securities processing industry is helpful
- Experience with Migrating/Creating reports to RDLs
- Experience with AGA maintenance activities