Principal Systems Engineer/Programmer - Microsoft Implementations
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
is the central infrastructure services groupwith a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customershave most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financialservices market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge withindustry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprisestandards for developers. TSG
is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service usingthe latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deploymentsin BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green fieldcloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Aspart of TSG
, our Workplace Technology
team isresponsible for the strategy, engineering, and strategic deployment activitiesfor all end user services, including mobile services, Windows physical andvirtual desktop, Mac, Microsoft 365, email, chat, collaboration, and relatedtechnologies. Our mission is to articulate the vision for employee productivityand collaboration for the Bank, selective innovative technologies to transformthe end user experience. If you are a technology evangelist with a passion tocreate solutions that differentiate BNY Mellon from its competitors, then thisis the place for you. Key responsibilities include:
- Design and implement vendor applications into the BNYM supported infrastructure environment including application/SQL Server configuration and infrastructure/network component integration
- Design and implement hybrid connectivity and management for Microsoft Office 365 Exchange and Teams.
- Design/implement automation processes and tools for managing an these systems/products in a large enterprise environment.
- Design/implement in-depth data integration and reporting capabilities for to measure product usage.
- Design/implement Compliance capture using products like SMARSH or similar.
- Work with Technology Risk to secure and protect the environment.
- Create and document implementation/support procedures/automation for new deployments.
- Evaluation of emerging technologies (on premise and cloud hosted).
- Deployment of Proof-of-Concept environments for new technology.
- Fourth-tier escalation point for support issues for production environment.
Principal SystemsEngineer/Programmer->> Serves as subject matter expert in leading thedesign and development of the most complex application problems, systemadministration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management andintegration functions. Conducts and leads complex analysis to correct systems,applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with corporatepolicy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large andmultifaceted infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely withApplication Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understandinfrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies ITexpertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allowdevelopment and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides expertinput and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors projectprogress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates theeffectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Is anexpert on current industry trends and emerging technologies. Analyzes trends torecommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency ofthe IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of InfrastructureEngineering objectives. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of related experience required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Three to five (3-5) years of hands-on experience designing and implementing Microsoft vendor production in large (50k+ users), global corporate environments with extensive compliance and regulatory requirements.
- At least one (1) year of experience specifically deploying Microsoft Office365 Exchange and Teams including chat and chat compliance, audio/video/sharing, conferencing/meetings.
- Experience configuring and administering applications with SQL server back end is a plus.
- Experience writing and maintaining complex PowerShell scripts to perform systems management automation is a plus.
- Experience managing and deploying Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory in large corporate environments is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: