Senior Python Software Engineer – Interest Rate Risk Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency with experience in developing enterprise platforms leveraging Python, Big Data (e.g. Hadoop & Spark) and Business Intelligence (e.g. Tableau) technologies.
- Feature development and delivery throughout the SDLC lifecycle, from business analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of software solutions. Design and development of solutions to continuously enhance the firm's business processes, enhance controls and deliver new capabilities for managing interest rate risk. Continuously learn from and partner with technology management & business users to identify opportunities to incrementally deliver business value thru Technology
- Contribute towards the evolution of software platforms with creative ideas and innovative technical solutions. Actively participate in the agile planning and delivery of software-based solution. Partner with multiple technology teams to deliver integrated solutions leveraging best in class technologies.
- 3 years of experience developing enterprise platforms in Python. Strong Object Oriented Programming skills (in either Python, Scala or Java).
- Aggregating and managing the interest rate risk of the firm's four main lines of business (LOBs), primarily through the global investment securities portfolio. Managing the firm's funding and liabilities through long-term debt and other funding sources, and managing the short term cash deployment activities.
- Aggregating and managing the firm's liquidity risk, including deploying the firm's excess liquidity. Also responsible for compliance with both internal and regulatory liquidity requirements. Aggregating and managing the firm's structural foreign exchange risk.
- Risk managing Mortgage Servicing Rights on behalf of the Mortgage Bank. Managing the company-sponsored retirement plan.
- Familiar with agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum). Experience with Test Driven Development. Familiar with SDLC tools such as Jenkins, Git, JIRA, etc. Experience building scalable and flexible software frameworks, platforms and API's.
The Treasury/Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) Interest Rate Risk technology team is looking for a Software Engineer with experience in developing enterprise platforms leveraging Python, Big Data (e.g. Hadoop & Spark) and Business Intelligence (e.g. Tableau) technologies. As a Software Engineer you will be a key contributor on an agile and test driven development team, focused on building high quality, distributed and scalable software platforms and API's supporting Interest Rate Risk management functions, including the risk evaluation of trades and positions, orchestration of financial models & risk metrics, scenario simulations, financial forecasting, data science & analytics, business intelligence & reporting functions.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.