Senior Software Engineer - Java
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role SUMMARY
This is a Principal, Operations Technology position. The candidate will work on firm critical projects for the Core Clearing Operations group. Needs to have high energy, with strong analytical\problem solving skills and be highly motivated with demonstrated success in a fast paced work environment. RESPONSIBILITIES
● In this role, the candidate will work on firm critical projects for the Core Clearing Operations group. Needs to have high energy and be highly motivated with demonstrated success in a fast paced work environment.
● Expert in applications design, development, implementation, and debugging.
● Undertakes complex projects requiring specialized technical knowledge.
● Makes well-thought-out decisions on complex application development issues.
● Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and increase efficiency.
● Communicates instructions and raises issues clearly and in a timely manner.
● Can work independently to achieve goals.
● Adheres to project schedules and is mindful of costs.
● Should be able to run medium sized efforts from inception to completion.
● Design and develop core clearing applications and related utilities.
● Provide production support for core clearing operations platform components.
● Maintain and enhance existing back office (Broadridge) gateway applications.
● Interface with product team and business partners to gather requirements.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Computer Information Systems is required.
● Strong technical and business communication skills Preferred
● Senior Developer with experience in using Java/J2EE for Messaging and WebServices
● Strong Linux/UNIX background
● Strong Shell and Perl scripting
● SQL/DB (Sybase, Oracle) skills
● Service Oriented Architecture
● Experience in using tools such as SVN
● IBM Mainframe/CICS/3270 emulation and Financial Services experience a plus.
● Experience in messaging platforms, IBM MQ Series is preferred
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.