Senior Specialist Application Support (ETF Trade Processing - AST Production Services)
The Bank of New York Mellon
is a provider ofinvestment services and investment management and we are a world-renownedleader in each. When combined, the power of our extensive capabilities can helpdrive your success in markets around the world. BNY Mellon
is thecorporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. BNYMellon Technology's
mission is to provide our business partners withtechnology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful throughworld-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secureinfrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means toenhance their professional qualifications and careers. OurTeam BNY Mellon Asset Servicing
provides global solutions tailored to meet our clients' uniqueneeds to help enhance the management, administration and oversight of theirentire investment process and deliver the tools they need to expand theirability to process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. AssetServicing Technology ProductionServices
is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are bestin class. Our Production Services teams runs the systems that keep BNY Mellonrunning. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycleacross all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with thepurpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable productionenvironment.
Our team members use their technical skills and businessknowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into thefuture. If you are a collaborativecontinual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to ourcompany's top priorities, this is the place for you. TheRole
We are seeking an ApplicationSupport Analyst
for Level 2 support for our Exchange Traded FundsServices/Applications.
- Responsiblefor managing overall availability, reliability, and defect prevention.
- Respondto, diagnose, and resolve service disruptions
- Identify,define, and implement required monitoring and automation solutions
- Workclosely with developers on continuous integration / continuous deliverysolutions
- Conductroot cause analysis for complex production issues
- Reviewsand evaluates project plans and objectives to ensure they meet system needs.
- Monitorschanges to applications and their operating environment
- Createand maintain support documentation and procedures
- Abilityto deal with time sensitive issues in support of critical service levelcommitments
- Contributesto the achievement of area objectives
Sr. Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports moderately complex applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. Ensures projects are meeting plans and objectives. Analyzes system requirements. Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives to ensure they meet system needs. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any issues of high complexity. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. Interacts directly with clients regarding project activities. Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Experiencein supporting applications part of the Trade Lifecycle (preferably Exchanged Traded Funds and its trade flow)
- Experiencewith IBM MQ/ messaging middleware queues.
- Experiencewith .net framework applications
- Analytic,data driven, and strong debugging skills
- Experiencewith SQL databases and SQL queries.
- Windowssystem administration experience
- Experiencewith monitoring tools a plus - AppDynamics, DynaTrace, Prometheus, Grafana,Moogsoft or related solutions
- Familiaritywith ITIL Service Management.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: