Senior Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst - zLINUX and zVM
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers. TSG
is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. Key responsibilities include
- Installing, maintaining and supporting the zVM environment.
- Installing, maintaining and supporting the zLINUX guests under zVM.
- Problem and change management.
Sr. Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches and recommends the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. Identifies and solves complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Provides input into platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Assists with complex issues in the installation, support, troubleshooting, and repair of data center equipment. Implements, integrates and provides full support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine middleware platform selection, efficient transaction design, use and recovery procedures in line with business requirements. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Works with vendors to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in installing, maintaining and supporting zVM.
- Experience in creating, maintaining and supporting zLINUX guests.
- Knowledge of using DIRMAINT.
- Knowledge of RACF under zVM.
- Experience in Docker and Block chain implementations.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: