Software Engineer - Java/BigData/Hadoop/Spark
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
- Design and develop applications in Control Management space
- Translate business requirements to a high level technical design and implementation
- Articulate use cases and create in-depth analysis to support business & product
- Develop, Deploy and support large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations, facilitate decision-making by providing right level of information and timely escalation, when required.
- Solid track record and experience in building large scale data warehouses and enterprise data platforms handling critical data.
- Handson experience in building BigData warehouse using Hadoop, BigData Ecosystem & Spark.
- Handson experience with cloud computing, AWS or Azure.
- Experience with query processing and tuning reports from Hive, SparkSQL
- Experience with ETL and processing real-time data on Hadoop platform.
- Data management, archival, reporting and analytical experience.
- Strong in Object Oriented Development and Java platform
- Handson experience in Core Java J2SE
- Java Frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate
- Experience developing SOA services (REST & XML/RPC)
- RDBMS experience preferably Oracle 11
- Source code control software
- Interface with production support teams for issues if any reported
- Strong track records in Designing scalable solutions. Hands-on with latest development trends in IT Industry
- Knowledge of modern development lifecycles, such as Agile and iterative development
- Working understanding of front-end HTML/JS technologies such as JQuery, and AJAX
- UNIX Shell Scripting
- Continuous Integration Servers (e.g., Jenkins, TeamCity)
The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation
- Team player, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with tight deadlines
- Organization skills, be able to prioritize task based on priority level