Specialist, Technology Relations
The role reports into the Head of Resiliency Communications & RFP/DDQ Governance (with functional reporting to Pershing LLC BRL), forming part of a global team, responsible for the operation and development of an effective operational resiliency communications function. Together the team will provide 24/7 coverage to provide timely, accurate and targeted communications; during both acute and longer running business continuity and technology incidents. This position will be responsible for the drafting and subsequent governance of resiliency communications for both internal and external stakeholders, including clients and regulatory authorities. As part of the global team this role will primarily support the Pershing Line of Business for Client and Internal Communications relating to both technology and non-technology incidents.
- Supports the Head of Resiliency Communications & RFP/DDQ Governance in the development of a business continuity communications and governance framework, to enable the timely production, approval and release of business continuity and change related communications across the enterprise.
- Provides regional coverage in the Americas region, focused on Pershing LLC during technology incidents and/or wider resiliency events for the production and governance of communications for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to draft effective communications for varied audiences under tight deadlines; including external facing holding statements, initial impact assessments, Root Cause Analysis, and Post Incident Comms.
- A general understanding of technology, cyber security and resiliency issues and processes is an advantage but the ability to distil complex technical information into clearly understood messaging is key to success in this role.
- Requires the ability to work across resiliency disciplines to provide coverage for all resiliency events.
- Works closely with Enterprise Change & Resiliency Office Crisis Management Function and the Pershing business to support the maintenance and development of Pershing incident management communications playbook(s) as required.
- Supports the testing of the Resiliency Communications Framework within Pershing LLC.
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Strong background in drafting effective communications is essential for this role.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of Pershing Operations and Technology architecture and infrastructure provides advantage.
- Experience with internal and external outreach, social media and collaboration tools is preferred.
- Background in a corporate or agency communications setting is a plus.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and focus under pressure.
- Ability to balance the need for speed with the importance of accuracy of communications.
- Comfortable interfacing with senior stakeholders and facilitating timely approvals by senior management in pressured situations.
- An appreciation of the need for effective approvals and governance of communications.
- Ability to understand technical language and convert into formats digestible by internal and external non-technical audiences.
- Attention to detail and deep organizational skills.
- Confident working independently.
- Ability to draft communications considering the specific needs of the audience.
- Ability to deal confidently with uncertainty and ambiguity and propose best fit solutions to maintain tempo.
- An understanding of C-Suite needs / understands the need for accuracy and expedience.
- Leads the achievement of teams' and functional area's objectives.
- Proactive and self-motivated to work ahead of deadlines, doing what it takes to do the job well and above expectation.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Pershing Domestic-HR06431} Requisition Number: