Sr. Specialist Developer
BNY Mellon TreasuryServices group is seeking to hire a Sr. Specialist Developer. The role entails the following responsibilities:
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications PreferredQualifications:
- Data mapping and work flow development experience
- Experience working in software development environments utilizing iterative development methodology such Agile
- Experience writing design and other technical documentation
- Effective planning skills and ability to communicate project issues clearly and promptly
- Strong data analysis skills, preferably with financial/securities data
- An understanding of data relationships which are critical to success of our product
- Must be highly detail oriented and able to adhere to best practices and standards
- Experience implementing technical solutions under time, quality, and performance standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution.
- Strong work ethic in supporting a 24x7x365 environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or relevant Technology field
- Experience with MQ, NAS, Unix/Linux
- Oracle Database development experience (SQL) involving development, procedures and functions, as well as performance tuning experience
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter, Data Transformation & B2B Data Exchange products
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, App Engine, Angular JS, Java and ESP
- Experience with Atlassian products JIRA and Confluence
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: