Vice President - Global Lead - Site Reliability Engineering
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused
approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. As a senior site reliability engineer, you will lead a team of talented engineers, responsible for the development and implementation of processes necessary to improve application / system reliability along with operational support. Your team's role comprises of approximately equal focus on both software development and infrastructure operations disciplines. You will also develop software to automate operational processes along with coding for the shared engineering backlog deliverables to meet established service level objectives.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
• Proficiency in modern programming languages - Python, Java, Perl, Shell Scripting
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
• Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
• Experience in leading and mentoring high performing teams
• Advanced knowledge of performance and monitoring disciplines and tools - AppDynamics, Tivoli, etc.
• Strong experience in managing DevOps practices and toolsets - CI/CD, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.