Visual Design Lead
Our clients are financial firms. Our mission is to design delightful experiences for two digital products: A wealth management portal used by over 80,000 investment professionals, and an investor-facing platform receiving more than 3 million monthly logins on average.
We are looking for a passionate, energetic and highly creative individual to lead our visual design practice. You'll have the opportunity to define our visual design strategy and to partner with UX/product designers, product managers and business stakeholders to conceptualize and bring to life fresh, innovative design ideas. You'll join a well-established User Experience Design team and you will follow design thinking and user-centered design methodologies to build new, delightful digital experiences.
What you will do:
- Define the Visual Design strategy and direction for our web and mobile environments
- Up level the quality of our visual design deliverables by bringing inspired ideas to the table and guiding those ideas through to fruition
- Lead a small team of visual designers in the US and offshore
- Supervise and oversee design deliverables in day-to-day projects
- Partner with user experience designers and researches to lead the delivery of user journey maps
- Create and manage a library of visual design assets
- Keep up-to-date in design trends and best industry practices
We are looking for a designer who:
- Is a problem solver through design
- Is self-motivated with strong commutation skills
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Is knowledgeable in data visualization techniques
- Has a solid understanding and appreciation of user-centered design
- Has experience with agile development
- Has delivered elegant, creative visual designs for web and mobile applications
- Has expertise in data visualization presentations
- is proficient in Adobe Creative cloud, Sketch, InVision and Figma
- 10+ years of related experience
- A strong, demonstrable design portfolio
- A degree in visual design, visual communication, or a related field
- Knowledge of ADA compliance a plus
- Experience in financial services industry (preferred )
- Acts as principal UX subject matter expert to perform and provide guidance and technical expertise for all, especially the most complex, user experience activities including user research and testing, interactive design, and visual design.
- Advocates the user experience across the firm and facilities training for groups outside the UX team. Ensures that the developed/revised product achieves the user's specified goals by establishing user-centred analysis, design, best practices, and standards.Design thinking methodology (Empathy Research, UX Problem Definition Ideation, Prototyping Testing); User Journey Mapping; Service Design UX Methodology; Facilitation and Presentation
- Provides comprehensive consultation to management and staff related to user research, usability testing, surveys, interviews, work studies, and heuristic evaluations.
- Reviews documentation of research findings presented to product and development teams.
- Defines and reviews new and modified user personas.
- As subject matter expert, actively participates and provides guidance in the creation of concepts, information architecture, user interface designs, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and specifications to meet project schedules.
- Leads the implementation of visual styles that support platform branding to increase user effectiveness.
- Consults on and interprets user feedback and insights to improve the user experience.
- Serves as reviewer of usability activities and artifacts to ensure software applications meet customer expectations for use.
- Provides UX expertise to the product definition and evaluation process utilizing multiple sources of information (field work, interviews, internet, intranet, market data/literature).
- Acts as principal consult and leads the creation and updating of user interface and visual design guidelines and standards.
- Advocates the user experience across the firm and facilities training for groups outside the UX team.
- Ensures that the developed/revised product achieves the user's specified goals by establishing user-centered analysis, design, best practices, and standards.
- Design thinking methodology (Empathy Research, UX Problem Definition, Prototyping Testing); User Journey Mapping; Service Design UX Methodology; Facilitation and Presentation Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, user experience, design, human computer interaction or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
About the Company
BNY Mellon Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors.
We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.