Junior Project Specialist, Information Tehnology & Operations
- Newark, NJ, États-Unis Newark NJ US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 17 mai 18 2018-05-17
The role holder is responsible for delivering portions of projects or small initiatives against a plan and to create value by delivering a measurable change for a part of the organisation. The role will establish a consistent framework for optimizing the day-to-day utilisation of resources and budget to deliver that.
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Junior Project Specialist to join our information technology and operation department.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering portions of projects or small initiatives against a plan and to create value by delivering a measurable change for a part of the organisation. The role will establish a consistent framework for optimizing the day-to-day utilisation of resources and budget to deliver that.
The Junior PM will initially be expected to learn on the job by shadowing the Project Manager (and/or the Project Management Office in some cases) in order to understand how projects are delivered within SCB. This will include ensuring the project is compliant with various SCB Project Governance requirements.
* Manages small to medium, multi discipline efforts(s) across all phases of the project life cycle, managing or assisting with one or more components of an overall project initiative
* Builds and maintains (on a weekly basis) project plans and low level project schedules showing and accounting for internal and external dependencies
* Proactively identifies and successfully manages any schedule issues and interdependencies with other projects with no unplanned delays to the project
* Produces detailed project estimates and validates externally provided estimates carefully
* Evaluates impact of any requested project scope change
* Ensures resource requirements/forecasts are built into project schedule and transferred and maintained monthly in Clarity.
* Updates and reviews Lessons Learnt (both intra project and organisational), both prior to and during each project and ensures that no previous mistakes are repeated
* Maintains the project and BAU metrics library (i.e. actuals against estimates) on a monthly basis initiative
* Acts as a liaison for communications between other projects through their PMs, where appropriate.
* Monitors issues and ensures that resolution is reached, or escalates issues to the appropriate responsible party.
* Monitors project progress and ensuring target project completion dates are met and/ or escalates issues to the appropriate responsible party. Responsible for all or some of the tasks related to managing project progress, depending on the size of the project.
Project Governance and Processes
* Ensures projects are delivered according to SCB Governance requirements, demonstrated by zero non compliance issues
* Provides effective coordination and timely minuting of the various project forums
* Manages the configuration of project artifacts, ensuring they are up to date and use the correct naming convention
* Proactively engages with project team to resolve areas of non process compliance, escalating to the PMO or Leadership if needed
* Manages project budgets, controls spending against the planned cost, analyses any variance and takes necessary corrective action to stay on Green status for Cost, provides timely forecasts and reporting as needed
Risk and Issues Management
* Identifies risks and issues early in their existence and maintains the project risk and issue registers on a weekly basis
* Produces and manages documented, specific resolution action plans, actively seeking to close open items by working with risk/issue 'owners'. No risks then become issues
* Builds and maintains strong, positive relationships with stakeholders
* Ensures key stakeholders are kept aware of project status, risks & issues ('no surprises')
* Delivers training around project processes and tools to stakeholders
* Creates and maintains a project Stakeholder Management plan
* Manages vendor deliverables and resolves vendor issue
Business Benefits/ Change
* Supports the business in tracking business benefit metrics
* Prioritises work based on value to the business
Project Team Leadership
* Creates strong credibility for self within the project team based on respect
* Drives team members toward delivering on their commitments
* Creates feeling of cohesiveness and positive working environment within the project team
* Conflicts and difficult interpersonal situations are tackled and dealt with effectively
* Demonstrates good technical and/ or business understanding to manage project effectively
* Technology, TB and FM Group, Local Product Management, Finance and Operations Areas.
Financial Market products.
Functional Skills (introductory)
Business understanding and analysis for Project Managers.
Concern for Quality and Standards.
Development experience for Project Managers.
Management of projects artefacts.
Risk & Issue Management.
Project Schedule Development and Management.
Scope Development and Management.
Project management framework.
Strong stakeholders and communications management.
Planning and organising
Strong communication (oral/written)
Ability to prioritize
Specific System knowledge