About this role BlackRock’s Multi Asset Strategies is looking for a Separately Managed Account (SMA) Portfolio Specialist to support our Core PM SMA Team in the Princeton office. As a Portfolio Specialist, you will build relationships internally with Portfolio Managers, Trading Desks, Operations and the
About this role
BlackRock’s Multi Asset Strategies is looking for a Separately Managed Account (SMA) Portfolio Specialist to support our Core PM SMA Team in the Princeton office. As a Portfolio Specialist, you will build relationships internally with Portfolio Managers, Trading Desks, Operations and the Sales organization as well as externally with clients and Financial Advisors. On a day-to-day basis, you will actively deliver a broad set of separately managed account investment solutions across various platforms and sponsors, ensure accurate model implementation, and minimize performance dispersion for a rapidly growing client population.
- Develop an expert knowledge of the Team’s trade modeling and order creation systems
- Trade client accounts – invest/divest assets as appropriate, rebalance accounts, etc.
- Research & resolve individual account discrepancies to ensure a consistent client experience
- Handle incoming FA inquiries, provide a professional investment experience and resolve account-related issues accurately and efficiently
- Confirm asset allocation, review administrative & client exception reports
- Produce various internal reports relating to trading and investment performance on a timely and accurate basis
- Assist Portfolio Managers in handling very significant new account growth
- Provide basic financial market information via Thomson, Bloomberg, etc.
- Produce reports for managing the business
- Prepare client and prospect presentations, including gathering statistical data
- Develop a broad understanding of BlackRock’s SMA product offerings
- BA/BS is required or considerable portfolio support experience
- Strong technological skills and experience with coding in SQL and Python strongly preferred. Advanced Excel experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgment
- Experience with trading and implementation of separately managed accounts (SMA’s) is preferred
- Familiarity with Fiserv APL system is preferred
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Solid quantitative skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and present in group settings
- Series 7 and 66 highly desired, must be attained within six months of hire if not already licensed
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.