BDVD Forecasting Analyst
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by Global Data's Dividend Forecasting team. Our team of Analysts insights and research move the markets every day, and we are growing. That's where you come in.
As a Dividend Forecasting Analyst, your actions will produce powerful results. You will need to have the context - meaning that having passion for and an understanding of the markets is a must. With this foundation, you'll develop expertise in key global industries and manage the corresponding data. You'll learn to use your financial knowledge and analytical thinking to derive meaningful insights for our customers. You'll transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users. That's our purpose-come find yours! We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Acquire, update and maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal groups throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and improve product databases and functionality
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with raised client inquiries
- Work on complex data projects related Derivatives and Income Driven data sets
- Develop domain expertise and derive powerful intelligence - founding the backbone of our Derivatives and Equity functionality
We'd love to see:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of work experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt within a multifaceted environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA designation
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.