Business Intelligence Developer
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Data drives our business decisions and company strategy. Our Business Intelligence (BI) team transforms disparate data sets into actionable insights for our product owners. As a BI Developer, you'll work closely with BI Analysts to define reporting requirements, design, and implement solutions. You'll communicate insights through creative and intuitive visualizations that help monitor performance and identify opportunities for improvement across the organization. Members of our dynamic team possess a unique combination of technical skills and business acumen, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. With your keen eye for building and optimizing data systems, you will contribute to the full-stack development of a complete enterprise reporting platform. From dimensional database design to data visualizations, you will directly impact our operations and drive change.
In this role, you will have the chance to collaborate with exceptional colleagues located across the globe on projects with real impact. Each day, you'll ideate and develop solutions that address core business needs. You will have the opportunity to invest in your career by growing your technical skills alongside colleagues who share your enthusiasm about technology. As an owner of what we build, you will advocate for our BI solutions, driving usage in our organization. You will wear many hats, and have the flexibility to be creative and innovative whilst personally disrupting the status quo. In this role, you will harness project management skills to manage your time and help our team surpass goals. You'll feel like you're at a start-up, but you'll be in a large and established organization with global reach. That's Bloomberg. As a valued member of our team, we'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Closely partner with business users and analysts to gather requirements and understand information needs
- Develop prototypes to illustrate and refine requirements
- Build and maintain dimensional data models to support Business Intelligence reporting
- Create compelling visualizations that are intuitive and responsive for end-users
- Test solutions for performance and scalability
- Triage and resolve issues for clients in a timely, efficient manner
- Propose ideas and share expertise on BI-related initiatives
Successful applicants will likely possess:
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Business Intelligence tools (QlikSense preferred) to disseminate analytics to a variety of audiences
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or relevant data technology field
- Thorough understanding of relational database systems, query/maintenance using SQL (Microsoft SQL Server preferred)
- Exceptional dimensional data modeling skills and knowledge of OLAP principles
- Experience within Agile development environment
- Experience analyzing operations
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and data mining techniques/tools
- Ability to build relationships and closely collaborate with multidisciplinary counterparts
- Great attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility, resilience, and a positive approach to challenges
- Legalization to work in the US now and in the future
Does this sound like you? Apply! We'll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
- An advanced degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
- Familiarity with web-based charting libraries (D3 preferred)
- Experience with Greenplum and Hadoop
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.