Equity Index Production Analyst
What's the Role?
Bloomberg Indices is seeking a highly motivated and driven Index Manager responsible for our Global Equity index production. Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Our Bloomberg Index business is in a growth stage and it is an exciting time to join the team to take our business to the next level! Index Production Analysts are knowledgeable in one or more index products and apply their subject matter expertise to produce and deliver timely, accurate, and comprehensive index data to our clients for asset management. To do so they leverage their operations, finance, and technology skills to manage the daily calculation, quality control and dissemination of the index products and to innovate products and processes to support the index business.
You will be working with various internal groups in engineering, data, business, and sales, to set direction for and support Bloomberg Multi-Asset indices on the system. Bloomberg's new state-of-the-art index infrastructure will scale to thousands of indices, incorporate complex index methodologies, and aspires to operate in an automated fashion. Your domain expertise should bring knowledge of the institutional asset management industry, understanding of index trends and what our customers need. An ideal candidate will have acquired this knowledge whilst working in an index production environment at an index provider. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Maintain the integrity of multi-asset indices in accordance with Bloomberg's methodologies ensuring accurate application of index rules, quality control and data remediation
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Establish and implement index management procedures and methodologies to reflect the needs of the global equity markets, including ESG
- Perform index rebalance evaluations. Including analysis of membership inclusions and omissions
- Drive the development and market acceptance of independent benchmark administration
- Monitor daily production processes for the acquisition and quality control of all input data required for the indices
- Providing superior customer service for operational inquiries both internally and externally
- Manage all data, service, and infrastructure incidents that occur during the daily production cycle across all regions, index platforms, and asset classes
- Conduct root cause, impact, and risk analysis for incidents in preparation for problem management review with product, legal, and compliance teams
- Manage a variety of projects related to new index development, product maintenance and product support
- Create and maintain documentation such as index publications, fact sheets, and operational play-books
- Work with both our clients and internal partners in response to index data related queries, while communicating product vision and building consensus among our senior leadership team
- Work closely with colleagues in Engineering to develop work flows, quality assurance processes and product improvements
We'd love to see:
- 4+ years of global equity index experience
- Experience specifically with equity corporate actions handling, with a broad understanding globally
- A strong academic background in one of analytical and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Statistics
- Experience with managing and building out workflow tools, data manipulation, ETL, data analysis, data quality and data science tools. E.g. SQL, QlikSense, Python, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing and developing products / processes
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas along with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with engineering, data, sales, product and support
- Consistent track record of being self-driven and "get-it-done" attitude
- Master's Degree and / or MBA, CFA charter
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience using Python, SQL & VBA
- Experience building/ maintaining indexes and validation models
Please note, this role can be located in either the Princeton or New York office. Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.