Oracle RAC Special - Oracle Team Lead
Who we are looking for
An experienced hands-on leader who can lead an existing small group of Oracle DBAs in support of a 24x7x365 Oracle RAC environment. Must be able to handle all aspects of an Oracle RAC environment including design, build, and on-going support of both production and development environments. What you will be responsible for
As the Oracle RAC Engineer and Team lead you will
What we value
- Design, build, configure, and maintain multiple Oracle RAC clusters for 24x7x365 operations
- Oracle Grid Control
- Implement, Approve, and Deploy changes for new and ongoing projects
- Monitoring, Troubleshooting, and improving the environment to ensure uptime
- Security patching, secure configuration management
- System performance tuning
- SQL query review, tuning, and improvements
- Goldengate and other replication technologies for Disaster Recovery
- RMAN and other utilities
- Understand, stay up-to-date on, and implementation of best practices
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding and interpreting client needs
- Ability to work with multiple other technology and non-technology groups
Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or computer systems preferred. Combination of technical training and experience may be substituted for a degree
- A minimum of 8 years experience in supporting Oracle RAC infrastructure in a production environment
- Knowledge and understanding of RHEL, CentOS from an sys admin perspective is highly desirable
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers