Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer The Location:
USA (Charlottesville VA; Richmond VA; Centennial CO; Princeton NJ; Virtual) Grade Level: 10
(internal purpose only) The Team / The Business
The Platforms & Engineering
team is a small group that automates CI/CD pipelines through lower development environments all the way to production. We assist teams by reviewing, analyzing and recommending tools to improve the software development process. We are transforming application development in a way that truly serves our mission by lowering costs, improving quality, and enhancing the customer experience. The Impact
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team supporting DevOps CI/CD automation. This is an excellent opportunity to join S&P Global as we transform our infrastructure and move into the cloud, while also developing your skills and furthering your career as we plan to power the markets of the future. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams to be an integral part of our DevOps and DevSecOps journey. In collaboration with senior leaders, you will use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map capabilities to business needs. What's in it for you
- Play a key role in enabling us to rapidly deliver product enhancements for our business partners.
- Enable technology delivery to execute on moving from a monolithic delivery to more isolated service based architecture where releasing software is no longer a ceremony and is highly efficient and automated.
- Partner with the multiple Market Intelligence teams during architecture and design phases to provide a stable, consistent, efficient development and production environment.
- Work with Information Security and application development teams to understand and implement security requirements.
- DevOps champion and leader with vision. Know the latest on emerging trends, propose improvement opportunities.
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Setup, configure and monitor CI/CD Pipelines and Container platform using automation and re-usable templates.
- Assist in building re-usable templates and best practices documents for quick onboarding applications onto the DevOps platform.
- Onboard applications onto the DevOps platform as demands come.
- Assist various application teams during their development and testing following the guidelines provided.
- Work closely with supervisor/manager in day-to-day operation activities.
- Conduct and/or assist in conducting regular capacity analysis and POCs.
- Develop and maintain the platform automation tools, dashboard and utilities (Java, .NET C#, shell scripting, python etc.).
- Provide support for Production, DR and lower environments making sure platform is stable and highly available.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or in equivalent discipline is required.
- 1-3 years of experience in DevOps and container platform such as Docker Enterprise or Kubernetes is required.
- Proven hands-on experience with DevOps tools including Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Containers and cloud infrastructure.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages: .NET, Java, Python, Powershell
- Good hands-on experience with Linux/Unix and Windows OS.
- Experience with Linux OS, systems administration and IT operations (networks, security, etc.)
- Experience collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project.
- Have ability to present solution of complex problems to technical and non-technical audience.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- 3+ years of enterprise DevOps experience
- AWS Certification (Developer or Solutions Architect)
- CKA Certification
- Some knowledge in managing and administrating Kubernetes clusters (EKS or Docker EE)
- Configuration Management (via Ansible) and Infrastructure as Code (via Terraform).
- Proven experience with cloud-based Infrastructure as a service.
- Experience with linting and security scanning tools such as SonarQube, Fortify, Whitesource, WebInspect
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $68,300 - $155,900
. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
265193 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States