Senior Software Engineer - Bloomberg Law Data Management
Bloomberg Law is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. Our goal is to become an indispensable tool for legal professionals by supporting their day-to-day tasks and providing solutions that help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients.
Within Bloomberg Law, the Data Management Systems team is hiring! We are responsible for the data that powers Bloomberg Law. This includes acquiring the sources of our data, leveraging both manual and automated solutions for extraction and transformation of specific data points, persisting the golden copy, and publishing to various endpoints where it can be surfaced by clients of both Bloomberg Law and the terminal. Additionally, for our most crucial datasets, we leverage deep domain knowledge to create data assets from our commoditized raw data.
As part of our team, you will help build a visualization layer on top of the Bloomberg Law data platform, as well as develop the internal tools that our data analysts use to curate our products. You will be given the opportunity to display your creativity and deliver continuous end-user value in an Agile environment. We are self-motivated engineers who like to research, learn, and apply current technologies to build new product features that anticipate our customers' needs. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Work directly with product owners and data experts to provide data and build products that our clients use to solve complex problems
- Build and support a distributed platform supporting all Bloomberg Law data
- Work with data analysts to collect insight on possible data collection efficiencies and identify automation potential for manual workflows
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of experience programming in Java 8
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases
- A passion to learn new technologies
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Experience with applying machine learning algorithms to solve complex data mining problems
- Knowledge of Spark, AWS EMR or AWS ecosystem in general
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.