As a Barclays Java Python Developer you will be working closely with other Securitized Products IT teams in other regions as well as interacting with business and technology partners to drive this strategic initiative agreed with business. We are looking for a candidate who is capable of multitasking and has prior experience to drive projects F2B. The candidate is expected to have a good interpersonal and analysis skill. Prior knowledge of fixed income products and securitization is a plus. Our team provides second-line support for production issues, responding to user queries and resolving infrastructure problems.
What will you be doing?
- Design and develop a framework to integrate risk and analytics with external vendors
- Help migrate/integrate existing risk runs to new interface.
- Provide L2 support of SP EOD batch on Beowulf/Radial
- Liaise with business users and development team in NYK to clarify requirements and provide status updates
What we’re looking for:
• Knowledge of how to effectively interpret evolving business requirements, whiteboard solution architectures, project manage through the project life cycle, build requirements for implementation, and resolve issues on path back to BAU operations.
• Hands-on programming in Java/J2EE (1.7 and higher)
• Some years of experience required in relational database technology using Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle, including SQL, table design, indexing techniques, stored procedures, transactions and performance optimization
• Hands on experience with python including continuous integration and deployment.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns will be a big plus
- Experience with Messaging platform such as Solace and Kafka will be a major plus
- Ability to pick up new technologies and business knowledge quickly
- Ability to work well in a team environment and Highly motivated and self-driven
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Barclays, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.