Associate, Site Reliability Engineer - Automation and Frameworks
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM)
is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls organization (CTC)
within JPMorgan Chase & Co. operates as part of Global Technology directly accountable to the CIO of the firm and providing cybersecurity services to all lines of business (LOB) across JPMC. The CTC organization's objective is to ensure that JPMC is able to effectively detect, prevent and respond to cyber threats against our technology & business infrastructure.
The Cyber Site Reliability Engineer will design, develop, test and implement JPMorgan Chase & Co technology in support of the data protection program. The successful candidate will design, engineer and maintain the end to end reliability frameworks and common components . She/He will lead building performance test as a service, Dynamic configuration, circuit breaker component, chaos engineering framework and other common components Specific responsibilities will include:
- Help develop new data protection technology strategies which ensure data protection is an inherent part of the technology fabric of the firm.
- Developing robust, scalable, resilient, instrumented enterprise systems driven by strong requirements based design
- Applying software engineering concepts to IT operational challenges
- Support the Firm's goals in data protection.
- Nurturing a robust Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) culture
- Performs deployment, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the data protection technology platform
- 5+ Years' experience in developing, or engineering software, platforms and/or infrastructures.
- Experience developing and architecting tools for automation, monitoring and troubleshootin
- Experience in planning and defining observability tool set
- Experience in building Self-Healing framework
- Strong Technical knowledge of data protection technologies, messaging, databases, APIs, Networks and their interactions
- Experience in designing and tuning High available and resilient systems
- Experience with modern monitoring capabilities such as AppD, Splunk, Kafka, Nagios, as well as other instrumentation technologies
- Experience in one or more of: Python, Java, and Shell Scripting
- Good working knowledge of Linux/Unx OS
- Experience with RESTFul services, GIT/GitHub, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Spring and Spring boot
- Troubleshooting skills that span systems, network and code
- Ability to architect and build observability platform
- Ability to triage issues and identify the perform root cause analysis