A successful hedge fund in NYC is looking to add a business analyst/project manager to their growing team. The Business Analyst/Project Mangaer will work on a team that covers a variety of front, middle and back office functions. This includes trade capture, position keeping, operations, treasury, finance, complaince, risk, and procurement.
- Identify current state/ future state/ gap analysis/ business requirements/ business process for tactical and strategic projects
- Coordinate users, meetings, and workshops to enable requirements gathering
- Translation of business processes, needs and produce tangible deliverables (requirements specifications, design deliverables, data review, status reports, project plans)
- Work across internal teams to ensure a consistent and complete requirements definition is completed prior to work beginning.
- Work closely with developers to ensure successful transformation of business requirements into technical design / solution
- Participate in application design, configuration, testing and deployment
- Position solutions and articulate their value based upon technology and business user's strategy, objectives, issues and direction
- Support Technology, Business, and Project Management teams to a successful conclusion of projects by consulting across teams receiving input into operational delivery, planning and alignment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, or related field.
- 3-7+ years of experience or business analysis/project management experience
- High level skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT) required
- Ability to analyze complex data sets
- Ability to work directly with key stakeholders to gather and interpret functional requirements
- Ability to author key artifacts (e.g. User Requirements Specification, Functional Specifications)
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and process-driven, with an orientation toward continuous process improvement
- Experience coordinating projects across multiple teams / functions
- Experience with software development methodologies
- Proactive and self-directed in work habits