Second Level Controller (Associate)
- Manhattan, NY, États-Unis Manhattan NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 août 18 2018-08-15
Provide support to Finance Second Level Control department in order to execute the annual Revision Plan, and actively contribute to the Finance Transformation and execution of overall strategies as defined by Senior Management.
Our client is a global leading investment bank
Essential duties and responsibilities::
- Administer and document the Matisse accounting risk mapping for all US WB entities in accordance with the structure defined in Paris
- Conduct recurring reviews of supporting documentation for high/medium/low risk account balances, as identified in the accounting risk map
- Conduct process reviews for new system implementations, e.g. Axiom, Tagetik
- Assist in the automation of Second Level Controls in order to gain efficiencies
- Assist in the creation of a comprehensive inventory of the Finance department's controls in place, along with the Level 1 and Level 2 tasks related to each control; leveraging off infrastructure in place in Paris.
- As the scope of Finance Second Level Control expands, conduct reviews focusing on controls governing Copernic, RWA calculations and regulatory reporting.
- Assist in monitoring the documentation process around New Products and New Activities, and create status/ flash reports for management.
- Proactively document, monitor, and follow up on all audit recommendations for Finance (Op Risk, FRB, Internal Audit, External Audit), and create succinct effective management reporting.
- Liaise with Finance department members and applicable support and control departments, in addition to Paris Revision department.
- Self-starter with a natural tendency to take ownership of all assignments and manage up to provide status and sensitive/ important updates upstream.
- Assistance in applying and socializing a standard of audit readiness across all finance functional areas.
Required education and/or experience:
- Degree in Finance/Accounting, 2-4 years of experience in public accounting strongly preferred.
- Background in controls, specifically in cultivating a SOX-ready culture
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Business Objects required
- Strong Data Orientation
- Knowledge of the French banking chart of accounts desired, as defined by the European Central Bank
- Knowledge of Matisse/PeopleSoft general ledger system
- Product knowledge in Banking and Capital Markets
- Fluency in French is a plus
- CPA Strongly Desired, GAAP and IFRS experience strongly desired
Exciting opportunity to grow
Excellent company culture