A successful NYC Hedge Fund is seeking a technical project manager to join their growing team and oversee a variety of software development projects, including trade regulatory and compliance related projects.
A successful candidate will have trade compliance and regulatory experience and will know how to solve problems independently, manage multiple projects at once, and motivate and guide a project team throughout the full project lifecycle.
- Work with end users and business sponsors to capture requirements and convert them into actionable, technical specifications
- Develop realistic project plans that deliver on key business objectives while integrating with other ongoing projects
- Ensure adherence to our project management standards throughout the full project lifecycle
- Continuously track project execution, provide progress reports, and solve for problems that arise during project execution
- Be a contributing member to our project management team as we expand our services to meet the needs of a growing organization
- 5+ years of experience managing projects in the finance technology space (required)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience (required)
- Experience with Atlassian tool sets Jira and Confluence (preferred)
- Experience with trading compliance and auditing projects (preferred)
- Proficiency in SQL for relational database queries (preferred)
- Proficiency with at least one programming language, such as Python or JAVA (preferred)