Valuations Audit Specialist - Assistant Vice President
- Manhattan, NY, États-Unis Manhattan NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Deutsche Bank - US
- 22 juin 18 2018-06-22
The hallmarks of our professional, business focused, proactive risk-based work are transparency, integrity and independence. We assist the bank's businesses and infrastructure functions to identify control weaknesses. Being Deutsche Bank's 'third line of defense' we have a high profile in the bank acting as an independent and forward looking challenger and adviser to Senior Management on issues and occurrences and are increasingly consulted for advice by the regulators.
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Group Audit Overview:
Group Audit (GA), through a risk based program of audit coverage, provides consistent and objective assurance on the adequacy of the design and the effectiveness and efficiency of the systems of internal control in mitigating significant risk exposures, including fraud risk, and in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management, governance processes and systems in a holistic and forward looking manner.
We are a team of approximately 800 staff globally, with the majority centered in hubs in Frankfurt, New York, London and Singapore. Our global connectivity provides a stimulating environment and the opportunity to collaborate, network and share knowledge with intelligent colleagues and specialists around the world. Ours is a culture of true diversity, dedication, opportunity and empowerment and there are genuine opportunities for development and advancement.
Our vision is to be a strategic challenger to senior management. We believe in the partnership model, focused on evolving our role as an independent, fair and fully effective function. We adhere to "The Three Lines of Defense" program, designed to strengthen our internal controls framework across the whole bank, while managing increasing regulatory expectations. It forms a central part of our commitment for cultural change. GA is the third line of defense assuring the effectiveness of our controls.
The Finance team within GA conducts audit work across all areas of the Bank's Finance function, working closely with other business aligned (e.g. Markets, Global Transaction Banking) and specialist audit teams (e.g. Risk, Technology) to provide "joined up" assurance.
As a member of the Americas Finance audit team, you will primarily be exposed to specialist finance functions such as the Global Valuations Group, as well as the Business aligned Product Control teams ("Business Finance").
- Executing day-to-day operational audit work and contributing to the delivery of audits:
- Planning of audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identifying risks and the key controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and attending meetings with internal stakeholders as and when required
- Executing audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with GA methodology
- Participating in exit meetings, drafting high quality audit reports for review by audit management
- Facilitating issue tracking and validating the closure of pre-existing issues
- Performing risk assessments of the Finance function enabling the prioritization of audit delivery
- Continuous monitoring of the control environment pertaining to the Global Valuations Group, and identification and assessment of emerging valuation themes and risks (such as CVA)
- Proactively developing and maintaining professional working relationships with colleagues across Group Audit and the Finance function.
- Partnering with other divisional / teams during audit engagement to guarantee an integrated approach
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong Financial instruments and valuation audit experience gained in investment banking and capital markets either at a financial institution or at a professional services firm
- Individuals with previous relevant years of capital markets hands-on experience in valuation control, including one or more of the following activities:
- Independent Price Verification (IPV) / Price Testing (PT)
- Fair Value adjustments (including calculation of adjustments for liquidity, uncertainty and limitations in modelling)
- Assignment of Fair Value Hierarchy levels
- Strong analytical and communication skills, oral and written. Ability to convey complex concepts and ideas on issues requiring interpretation and opinion
- Unquestionable personal integrity and ethics
- Independent in judgment, strongly self-motivated, with the ability to challenge and be challenged whilst maintaining the highest levels of professionalism
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) or equivalent work experience
- Professional credentials including degree-level education and a relevant professional qualification e.g. CPA or equivalent
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law " poster and pay transparency statement.