2021 Americas Summer Analyst - New York Private Equity Fundraising/Private Fund Group
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Credit Suisse Asset Management
In its Asset Management (AM) business, Credit Suisse offers products across a broad spectrum of investment classes, including equities, fixed income, and alternative investments. Credit Suisse's AM business handles over $410 billion of assets for clients. These clients include governments, institutions, corporations and private individuals. In the New York office, our business focuses on alternative investment strategies, as well as capital raising by the Private Fund Group.
Private Fund Group
Our Private Fund Group (PFG) is the world's leading placement agent with two main lines of business:
- In our Primaries business, we raise capital for domestic and international direct investment firms, including private equity, buyout, real assets, credit/distressed, secondary, infrastructure and emerging markets funds, from investors worldwide, including public pension, corporate pension, sovereign wealth, endowments, foundations, financial/insurance companies and family offices.
- In our Capital Solutions business, we advise on Secondary transactions for clients seeking to sell limited partner fund interests or portfolios of direct assets through secondary transactions. We also raise capital for direct or co-investments in companies and projects alongside investment firms.
We have professionals located in New York, London, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo and Sydney.
About Our Program
Our ten-week program for rising college seniors provides excellent exposure to the alternative investment business. Summer Analysts are exposed to all elements of a transaction throughout the due diligence, deal preparation and marketing process. You'll also broaden your knowledge of the private equity business through rotations with the PFG's secondary advisory, direct investment and distribution teams. Additionally, you'll gain valuable experience by completing special projects, such as creating market maps or tracking returns across a market segment.
PFG Summer Analysts work on live deals and have direct interaction with clients. You'll analyze portfolio company financial performance, prepare marketing materials, work with distribution to drive investor interest, and manage road show coordination. As a result, you'll develop a deep understanding of the funds, companies and industries they evaluate, as well as experience in marketing funds. PFG Summer 2021 Analyst opportunities are located in New York and London and Hong Kong; PFG 2022 Full Time Analyst opportunities are available in New York, London and Hong Kong.
- Credit Suisse company orientation and a week of Asset Management and PFG training
- Continued learning and development during the summer from your PFG deal teams, our lunch & learn series, and rotations with PFG specialists
- A summer lunch series, where you'll hear from senior employees across different businesses
- Mentorship from an assigned mentor within Asset Management, who will help you discover your strengths and plan your career
- Social, community service, and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm
To be eligible for this opportunity, in the summer of 2021 you should be between your junior and senior years at a four-year college or university (graduating in December 2021 or May/June 2022). We are noted for the diversity of our employees and seeks those with a common set of abilities—highly motivated and creative individuals who have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. We’ll be looking at your potential, your ability, your academic background and extra-curricular activities. We seek to build future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business.
We’re Looking For:
- A leader who engenders dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- A critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- A proactive self-starter who achieves significant results
- A hardworking and adaptable team member who can build positive relationships
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- A principled colleague, committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Please submit your application by 30 September 2020.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.