2022 SETUP Technology Full Time Program - Business Analyst
Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P)
The Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P) is a pipeline to recruit, develop, and retain high-potential entry-level technology professionals who are prepared and positioned to contribute to the successful execution of BNY Mellon's technology strategy and initiatives. The 2022 S.E.T.U.P program will begin in Summer 2022. Program At A Glance:
- Assignments across various job functions within Technology* that combine learning with skill development through practical work and projects;
- Extensive training curriculum and ongoing learning assignments that will help develop technical, professional, interpersonal and leadership skills; and
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including executive mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager.
Upon successful completion of the program and based on overall business need, S.E.T.U.P participants will be matched to a full-time role, taking into account factors such as business requirements, analyst preferences, and overall performance throughout the program. Program Locations:
- US : Pittsburgh, PA *New York, NY *Jersey City, NJ
Business Analyst Primary Responsibilities:
- Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support;
- Participants can further develop technical skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities, build networks across the organization and accelerate their careers;
- Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for S.E.T.U.P participants;
- Visibility and exposure to senior leaders in small cohorts and/or one-to-one meetings;
- Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier technology talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
- Responsible for analyzing business functions to define 'specifications / requirements' for automating and / or improving business processes and/or applications and breaks those processes down into functional components.
- Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program.
- Prepares and manages the project plan, issues and risks, and is accountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream
- Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas.
- Tailors standard processes for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design.
- Identifies, analyzes, monitors and minimizes complex areas of risk that pertain to information technology.
- Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year programs.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Bachelor's degree required. Candidate is typically a recent college hire with a bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline.
- 0-3 years of experience in software development preferred. Previous technology internship is a plus