We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Commercial Real Estate Team Overview:
PIMCO invests in real estate opportunities through its flagship BRAVO IV and PCRED II funds along with other investment funds. The firm's U.S. real estate team sources, underwrites, and invests in private and public real estate opportunities, including direct real estate, mezzanine financing, commercial mortgage backed securities, and other real estate related investments. The team benefits from a flexible pool of capital with the ability to invest across asset types, geographies, and the capital structure. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
You're eligible to apply if you:
- Program runs begins in early/mid- June 2023
- During week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, which provides you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship.
- Be part of PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering, and participate in cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll be part of a formal review process, receiving feedback at mid- and end-of-summer, keeping you on the path to meeting your summer goals.
Desired Candidates Should Possess the Following Characteristics:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2024
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
- Strong interest in real estate, financial markets, and macroeconomics
- Skills conducting research and basic financial modeling. Demonstrates natural intuition to make good judgments.
- Proactive in thinking about potential investment ideas.
- Good communicator; strong written and oral presentation abilities. Needs to be persuasive and credible.
- Strong work ethic and integrity; you should be a team player that is proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Preferred but not required: previous experience in an investment banking or real estate internship
New York Salary Range: $100,000 - $100,000 Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office